Call me V...My V for Vandetta project

Thanks guys! As far as I know they are ok at cons. Granted the last time I did V was in 2008? and they let me hold them for pics. But security has gotten crazy at cons, so they may still want to "peace bond" the belt.

Is that a different band around the hat from hatcrafters? The one on their website looks different

I simply phoned and contacted them to change the pilgrim hat model brim and bow...asked for flat brim with wire reinforncement, plain bow on the side (no buckle) in black with size head. took less than 2 weeks.

Your hat looks very nice! :)

I'm thinking Hatcrafters should just have a V style hat on their website. The modifying of a pilgrim hat into more of a V hat certainly results in a good replica hat for V, but with a few adjustments to the crown and hatband style, and getting ribbon in #16 or #18 widths give or take, they should come very close to making a hat near identical to V's. Maybe I will email the idea to them. It should significantly increase their sales.

Was $92 your total??

Random guy popping his head in,
BUY STUFF FROM WONDERSQUID.
He doesn't pay me, and I do not own any of his stuff now. But it's quality.

Belt arrived....he also made a pin for the buckle.

10474765_10202955316741087_8782400650912445461_n.jpg

close up of stiching ...thinking I need to dye the stitching black? also leather dye the belt key holes. getting ready to fabricate my dagger holders.

10440110_10202955317141097_2134103256695808772_n.jpg

Gloves on the way...ordered some of the enforcer tough gloves.

Need to decide on boots... I have been looking at soviet army captain rider boots and the "jedi boots" found on the web. Any other suggestions out there?????

Going to start working on the belt - dagger holders also. I will get some photos up this week.

Random guy popping his head in,
BUY STUFF FROM WONDERSQUID.
He doesn't pay me, and I do not own any of his stuff now. But it's quality.
:lol Thanks Laelle!! I Guess I should check this thread more often.:lol

The doublet looks great, my only pet peeve is the fabric choice, no one seems top try to do that weave texture that the actual one has. The wig looks great as well, and the gloves are nice! Can't wait to see the whole thing together. Oh, and the belt looks amazing, but yes, I would black out the stitching and I can't wait to see the buckle.

Gloves should work well...
Those are nice gloves! Feel tough in them? xD
Anyway I got no boot advice for you considering I'm not too happy with the ones I bought.

The doublet looks great, my only pet peeve is the fabric choice, no one seems top try to do that weave texture that the actual one has.
That seems to be the only complaint with the Fanstore doublet. And that's because the fabric used for V's doublets was custom quilted. Its not something that can be quilted by hand. I searched for quilted silk fabrics and couldn't find much results in black aside from the common diamond quilt which Darth Mule used for his V doublet, some scales quilt, and this one, which is what I bought for mine.
f31cacaf8096128446d9358ef3e75abc.jpg

Not the best photo but I don't have the silk on hand to take a photo of. If I remember correctly, a V cosplayer on cosplay.com bought black monk's cloth, which is actually basket woven. I think he may be kbros on here because their V costume is the same down to the apron.

I'm loving this thread. I have my own "budget" V costume I've been working on here and there for the last couple of years. There is a lot of great info posted here. I can't wait to see your finished costume.

Update: I complete modifications on my belt. I took about 10 hours yesterday and found out my skills of bending aluminum strips is novis at best. Not exactly what I had invisioned but I am still satisfied with my work and functional use of the dagger holders. Not screen accurate but it only cost my about 10.00 for 3 pieces of alum strip. I tried bending them and thought about cutting V shapes...but I stayed in my comfort zone (and avoided disaster and frustration) and I got lots of fishing to do still this summer. Only cut one finger during the project ...Yay!

10486217_10203052003958207_3245399206371711132_n.jpg

10480688_10203052004518221_3096808829185713534_n.jpg

Keeping my total cost down I have decided on boot from http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/001844.php not totaly screen accurate of course...but noone will notice on the 5th of November.

I looked at lots of sources and lots of prices. Just wanted to keep it under $50 and also have enough accuracy. I like the pictures of the various actual boots being worn and testimonial on the website, so I have a better idea of what they will look like when worn. I will post pictures when they arrive. Looking at sourcing for a cloak now...

Not bad! You made excellent progress. And you cut yourself with those dagger holders, huh? lol I did too. No one has screen accurate boots since they were custom made Italian boots. The boots you got will more than suffice. I recommend for you to try and make your own cloak or find someone with a sewing machine to do it. Its quite easy making it. Most cloak makers you'll easily find sell cloaks rather expensive...but you got lucky and found someone who made you a buckle at an inexpensive cost so maybe you'll find someone who can make you an inexpensive cloak too. :unsure

Last edited:
This looks epic but aren't those gloves supose to be tighter around your hand?

Sent from my Xperia U ST25i using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back