Call me V...My V for Vandetta project

AlaskaSalmonJedi

So I thought I would start a thread and post stuff here as I begin my journey in becoming V. I am trying to be as screen accurate on a beer budget (I live in Alaska and have lots of fishing to do, which cost lots of $$). Major components I am completing include mask, wig, hat, cloak, doublet, pants, boots, gloves, belt and daggers.

I have done research on many different websites and screen shots. Thanks you for those on this forum that have helped me to get started. Please comments welcome and suggestions welcome.

I spent a couple weeks talking to metal fabricatiors and artisans about creating the belt buckle and belt. I decided to out source for both and will modify the belt by adding metal holders for the daggers.

belt buckle arrived...not super clean, but its 3/16 stainless steel metal and only cost $40 to have cut (I had estimates of up to $1200 to have a more polished clean cut version just could not afford all of that) pretty happy with the results and I am sure when worn no one will be eye balling it really hard for defects (10 foot rule applied)

10371398_10202717569717560_4427118664710669666_n.jpg

10325285_10202717569517555_2767982741149520296_n.jpg

Ok so I set the buckle off to an outfit cutting the leather belt today. Once I get the belt I will customize some aluminum strips for the daggers.

I received a mask I ordered from blackblok.com The only thing planned is adding material to blacken out the eye holes. searching for a bacalava to wear to conceal all my skin and hair. will be adding a wig soon, then measurements for a hat.

10407917_10202717594558181_6829602450571999445_n.jpg

I looked at DC replicas and also inquired about a Skunky made mask here on RPF....this mask was $22.99 thick resin, durable and close to authentic that $22.99 will buy. white hard resin version 2 fits well on the face and feels comfortable.

what do you think? comments welcome

Thanks for the look and comment...I am trying to set my total budget under $600 on this one...this mask I like and think it will work fine for a filler. That is until I can win the lottery and afford a replica or fan molded screen accurate version
Matches very close to the original in my opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Update - I ordered a custom size doublet from fanplusfriend 3-4 weeks out? after considering cost (what I could afford) and accurancy (I am unable to sew this myself) it became my choice to out source for the doublet. The Iron Ring version looks reallly great, but in the large scale of the total cost of my budget I went the direction I did.

Found a wig, glove and boot sources. Just waiting on delivery and will post more photos as I move along and total pricing of everything when its completed. Thanks to everyone on RPF for contributing information and offering ideas for my goal of becoming an accurate V.

Update - recieved my doublet from FansPlusFriends. I did a custom measurement and it fits well. I will post some better photos soon. Also recieved a wig I ordered..needs a trim but I can now order a hat with the measurements (which include the mask and wig) I also picked up some aluminum srtips 1/2 inch for making dagger holders on the belt. I sent my buckle to the belt maker last week...Waiting on belt to arrive...

10457594_10202878693545555_8700022372150159629_n.jpg

Wig working...but need a trim some

10386815_10202859696670645_7546535684650749949_n.jpg

Looking good so far., how much did the wig run? Just curious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ordered from "wigs secret" I spent about 40 bucks: darkess brown straight hair unit. Going to have my daughter trim it up a bit. I think it will work well once trimmed up. I am outsourcing for probably 90% of the cosume. Next up is a hat....

Just came across this thread and can I say, so far you have nailed it. That wig looks great. If you want accuracy and if the wig can handle it, slightly curl the bottom of the wig outwards. Im definitely subscribing to this thread keep it up

This is coming together very well! :cool:thumbsup
The custom buckle is great, can't wait to see it with the belt. Did you have it done online and shipped or locally?
Subscribed :)

I found a metal fabricator using etsy online site. I called on the phone and went over the idea...he was able do it from photos and estimated dimensions I provided. took a couple weeks. not perfectly clean cut...but I really think it came out well for stainless steel metal. I sourced it with various metal makers for up to $1200 ...this one set me back only 40 bucks.

The belt has been outsourced (leather belt maker in OR... except for the dagger holders (which i will fabricate and add to the belt) I sent them the bckle to size correclty when they cut the belt.

- - - Updated - - -

Just came across this thread and can I say, so far you have nailed it. That wig looks great. If you want accuracy and if the wig can handle it, slightly curl the bottom of the wig outwards. Im definitely subscribing to this thread keep it up

The only thing I am concern is its not human hair...hate to put some heat on it and have it melt..haha guess i could try (wig was 40 bucks)

- - - Updated - - -

Offer still stands on the hat!
I went forward with ordering from hatcrafters...thanks very much for the offer.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back