CADEUS's - (1:6 scale TITAN Atlas)

Re: CADEUS's - (1:6 scale TITAN Atlas) NEW UPDATE

Hello Cadeus,

looking at the bullet, could a Sharpie marker or similar item work? Beginner Maker, jump in its fun.

Tony

Hi, Tony. the sharpie is a good idea. I would have to sand down the wall a little, I think, but it could be done. cool idea! :) I should have the feet done in a few days, so I'll post some pics. I am focusing on getting the dimensions of the "toes" figured out. (I have plenty of references, I just need to get them on paper. The "ankles" are gonna be a pain in the rear, but I have some balsa foam I can use to carve the gears out. One thing at a time.

-Ben

I will. I will... I would have to go with an Atlas first because although I like it my girlfriend likes it more. Once that was finished (if I'm not burned out) I'd start an Ogre. Wasn't fussed on them until I played the game.

Hello Cadeus,

Yep, I also looked at the leg, knees, ankles and toes. They look very complex and would have to stand up to the weight of the top half.
BeginnerMaker, yep do the Atlas since you see us going crazing and making it up. Ogre and Stryder would be really cool. Once it gets done, I would love to do a drop ship!

Adios
Tony

Right-o. Two weeks now, let's be having some updates!

LOL!!! Sorry... I am leaving for Mississippi Sunday after church, leaving from Bacliff Texas! Getting ready has been hell, and I had to devote some serious time to my secret santa project here at the rpf. So no new updates, yet. But since all the madness is at low tide, again, I will have some work done soon. I have all the components collected for my work-shop, so I get to build that when I get back from MS. But I am taking some materials and blueprints with me on the trip. So expect an update within the week. That is a Christmas promise to my two faithful watchers! :)

looks great so far. Just curious are you building based on the final design used for the collectors toy or based on the prototype Joel designed. I've had the pleasure of handling both designs and chatting with the folks at respawn. Also, the 1:12 ThreeZero version should be helpful. The collectors piece that came with the game had changes done to it versus Joels original design. I can't remember what the scale was for the original design. The figures were all 1:6 but I want to say that the Prototype of the titan was 1:18.

Re: 1:6 Pilots I believe thats the plan but haven't heard much lately, if I can get a chance, I'll ask Joel or Kim.

Welcome, anubis13! my design is based on several models. most of the actual measurements come from this model:
39174__blenderss-already-an-awesome-titanfall-action-figure-(from-japan-).jpg
But I am also using references from ThreeZero's model as well as several 3D models I discovered, and reference images from the full scale models that were produced. The aesthetics, which will come later, will derive heavily from the game models, for accuracy's sake. Or so I hope. But I am in love with ThreeZero's "toy". The articulation and detail is amazing... I would love to get my hands on one! :) While this process is still young, I would be grateful for the opinions of someone like yourself who has the ear of the designers and has actually held the models. Your input would be valuable to me, (and others). You can post any ideas thoughts or criticisms here. Thank-you for your interest. I hope you will follow me on this and offer any advice you can... If you know how I can build it more accurately, that would be awesome!

Last edited:

2014-12-23_000061.jpg2014-12-23_00062.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to have to make a start on one of my own, because I'm pretty much addicted to the game!

I took those screenshots, roughed a pilot height alongside it and scaled it to 1/6. My measurements work it out at 40" & 1/8. When I came back to this thread to see what height yours would be... Lol. Think I'll start feet first and work my way up.

could you PM me the measurements for the feet. I think I got mone wrong cause the don't look right.

could you PM me the measurements for the feet. I think I got mone wrong cause the don't look right.
Hello. I will measure the foot now and pm. Here are some screens I took from the game last night. Bad quality, but if you want to detail under the armour they should help.
Happy new year!
2014-12-31_00008.jpg2014-12-31_00006.jpg2014-12-31_00010.jpg

I think I got the right measurements on the for finally but I'm still looking forward to yours... I built a prototype and it looks OK. I got a 1/6 scale figure for Christmas, too. So he's helping me build. :)

Last edited:
OK, so here is one of the feet. The heel is bigger than it looks. The open space and the hollow ribbing at one end diminish its appearance. But is cool, no? I have the other built, as well, but it will be taken apart and reassembled because it didn't fit well together and is a little fatter than it's older brother.
10431433_904496986281869_8885521821923270982_n.jpg
So I still have the "toes" to knock out and the front of the foot which they protrude from, and then it is on to the torso, (my favorite part). :) All the best detail is in the torso. It's a work of art by itself. I will be thinking about the arms after that, and a support frame. By the time I have all this done I should be ready to order the epoxAcoat to toughen her up a bit. Now that the holidays are over things should move more quickly. Thanks for looking! :)

PS- I need a vote on the hands. some of the concept art looks better than the screen caps. HELP!! LOL

I may save the hands for last then. My PC is in the shop for another three weeks, so I don't have Blender or the files you are using until then. Those screen caps are awesome. I may hit you up for your number so you can walk me thrue re-sizing them to 1/6 scale. Your idea of using that model for measurements is spot-on, I just lack the skills to do it. And I'm loving the One sixth Scale Warriors, too. Thanks, again.

Hello, again! I have finally gotten to the "toes" of this bad girl. The following is a picture of one from the full scale replica that was displayed in the UK. I didn't take it, I just ripped it off the net for visual reference.
IMG_20150111_174115797.jpg

And this is what I have drawn out thus far:
IMG_20150111_215905058.jpg
These parts are drawn together and give a reference to their size reletive to one another, but I couldn't figure out how to explain which pieces were what so I just drew little pictures above them.
IMG_20150111_224244665.jpgIMG_20150111_224250533.jpgIMG_20150111_224255066.jpg
I hope that helps. The top view in the middle pic is roughly 4.25 inches in length from top to bottom... just to give an idea of size. I will have them fabricated in a day or two, time willing... the "nail" is an odd shape, and I will be carving it from a block of balsa foam I have on hand, then cast for multiple copies... but that will be much later in the build. As always, if you have any questions, concerns or thoughts-in-general, I am all ears. Thanks for looking! :)

How did I miss these updates? Nice work so far. I'm only bouncing back from a cold/flu/fever type bug, but have no children this weekend so I'm hoping to get stuff done this weekend. I'll send you the scaled blender model and you should be able to work off that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back