CA TFA Red Skull silicone mask version 2

thanks, guys.

Snikt, the nose is hidden by bringing the whole face foward, the eyebrows, mouth , cheeks. and you have to make the dome of the skull taller to make up for this or it will look odd.

to measure depth, set a needle on one of your sculpting tools at a mark of 1/8 th on an inch, and as long as there is 1/8 or more of clay you are good for masks.

here is the almost done pics. now just wrinkles and clean up.

Cool man, thank you for the tip. Looks incredible. How long have you been sculpting, whats the time you put in on this one. Just wondering because Im a total noob haha. I know you do commission work, but do you work in a studio at all? Your skill is uncanny.

thanks, guys.

snikt, i have about 20 hours into this. i am a tattooer by trade and artistic ***** at night....LOL.... but no i do not work for any studios. would like to someday.

Seriously, Im tripping out here. Looks SO RAD. How long have you been sculpting in general? By your skill it looks like decades.

thanks, man. you are too kind. as skill goes i am in the middle of the road, i know guys who sculpt circles around me...

i have been sculpting since 09, started sculpting armor and moved into masks and prosthetics. , i still sculpt armor and stuff.

Just calling it like I see it man. I hope I have your skill set someday. Only since 2009? Thats insane! I was thought you were going to say the 80's or something haha! You need to put up a tutorial of how you make your mold and inject the silicone etc. Some of us *cough* would really appreciate it. =)

thanks, guys. molding the mask now.....hope to havea casting soon, but i am going on vacation next week so it will have to wait till i get back..

finished mold...........casting this weekend!!!

SAM_0830.jpg

SAM_0831.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the pulls from this! Everything everyone has been saying and more- Amazing and inspiring work you are doing!

I have been spending more of my time in the Mego action figure world lately, popped in to get caught up on prop stuff and i see this.
Holy cow T, that looks awesome.
My Red Skull mask from the first run is just as awesome as the day I received it.
Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Hahah! Looks awesome! I was browsing over your photos of your first version, and my husband glanced one of the photos with you in full nazi uniform, and his jaw hit the floor.. loved it! XD

btw, mind if I ask what products this was cast with?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back