Building the Hoth Wampa door set ... in a nutshell

I just had an idea for a suggestion. You could have a mp3 player on the other side of the door that plays a scratching sound once every ten minutes or so. :love

Yeah... we were thinking of doing something like that. Hyperdyne was brainstorming something to that affect.

This would be a great time to get a die-hard fan incredibly wasted, dress them as a rebel and have them wake up in a full room like this just to see their reaction.

Anyone want to buy it??? :D

Here are some cool pics from recent conventions:

My wife Kathy and I:

ACE_2011_01sm.jpg

Mr. Stan Lee actually came to meet us!!! :D

ACE_2011_022sm.jpg

Mr. Jeremy Bulloch:

ACE_2011_067sm.jpg

Richard Hatch:

P1100507sm.jpg

My R2 ... more completed .. I say "more" ;)

P1100339sm.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome set you've made!

I'm pretty curious about how you made the frost that you can see in one of your pictures.

- Marc

Thank you very much for the compliments!

We used spray flocking for the "frosty" effect. It's messy and jams up the gun constantly so it's kind of a pain but it is actually pretty strong and gives a neat effect.

P1060960sm.jpg

Although it does stick very well and is pretty durable to touching and movement, as you can expect, it's not the greatest on the plastic hoses. The hoses have held up fairly well over the years but there are large chunks that have flaked off. We carry a can of christmas spray snow to touch up those spots at conventions.

Last edited:
Well... it's kind of a lot, depending on how you look at it, but less than we have invested in it with material cost and labor. I'm willing to entertain offers too.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back