BTTF Real pepsi perfect if we ALL help

signed

can you edit in more info on the petitions ....something like please offer us a replica 2015 futuristic pepsi bottle as shown in the movie blah blah

and if theres anyway to add more pics that would help too

signed

can you edit in more info on the petitions ....something like please offer us a replica 2015 futuristic pepsi bottle as shown in the movie blah blah

and if theres anyway to add more pics that would help too

Hi steveo Ive edited It, But you can only use one pic (sorry) if anyone wants me to change the pic im useing just let me know.....

I always imagined the in-universe bottle to be glass anyway, regardless of the plastic prop. So glass is fine by me.

If anyone owns a trademark on the bottle shape, it would be whoever made the found item used for the prop, not Universal (like in that case used in The Avengers). But I doubt even they would. As for the logo....it's PEPSI. Universal could not have trademarked a variant of someone else's trademark.

Has it been proven that the bottle was a found item in the first place? I assumed it was something made for the movie, which even if a modified found item, the conglomeration leading to what's seen on screen is the IP of Universal (like pretty much every Star Wars prop). The logo, just because it has the word Pepsi in it, doesn't necessarily belong to Pepsi at all, Pepsi likely allowed their name (names including Pizza Hut and such) to be used in the movie and likely had to approve the logo design, but it's not likely trademarked by Pepsi and remains property of Universal.

If a graphic designer creates a new version of a logo it is their intellectual property unless they are paid to create it or what have you. Using the Pepsi Perfect logo as an example, if someone designed that then Pepsi would have zero rights to use it or any ownership over it, unless they had paid for it and/or had some sort of contract with the designer. The designer clearly cannot use the name Pepsi for business, but the artwork they create is their property regardless. In terms of the bottle and logo in BTTF 2, I highly doubt that Pepsi would have had any involvement in it outside of approval of the use of their name and product in order to protect their brand.

All of this is academic anyway since a petition to Pepsi would be highly unlikely to lead to replicas when Universal would have to license it.

pretty much sums up the support you will get , youve had more replies why it cant /wont be done than helpfull suggestions to make it happen

maybe see if you can find a good contact and universal or pepsi and ask them about it , even the right sized bottle with a differant logo would be cool .

pretty much sums up the support you will get , youve had more replies why it cant /wont be done than helpfull suggestions to make it happen

maybe see if you can find a good contact and universal or pepsi and ask them about it , even the right sized bottle with a differant logo would be cool .

True....................:(

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back