Blu-ray DVD Deals (Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: Complete Series)

re: Blu-ray DVD Deals (Abbott & Costello: Complete Universal Pictures Collection $50.99)

Oops..updated now. Thanks Kevin.

re: Blu-ray DVD Deals (Abbott & Costello: Complete Universal Pictures Collection $50.99)

Best Buy had the individual Bond blu-rays for $3 during their Black Friday sale. By the time I got to the bin, I was only able to get "From Russia With Love" and "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." Fortunately, those are two of my favorites. I would like to have also picked up "Thunderball" and "Diamonds Are Forever." Guess my DVDs of those movies will do a while longer.

Not sure I am enough of a fan of Moore to invest in the entire series. I usually stick with Connery and Lazenby, but have opend the door to Craig now too.

If I did purchase the entire set, I would have to do some modification before I would consider it complete. lol

From my perspective, there were enough movies across each of the actors that even if I bought them individually at full price, the price I bought at (50% off) was still cheaper at the time.

I find the Moore films and some of the latter Connery ones (and some of the Brosnan ones...) to be imperfect, but I can appreciate certain aspects of them. It's nice to watch them with the commentary, although I think it's the same commentary as on the DVD editions.

The real improvement is in the remastering, which was done by Lowry Digital, and is FANTASTIC, particularly with the early Connery films. They just look stunning.

If I did purchase the entire set, I would have to do some modification before I would consider it complete. lol

But that movie is already in the set. It's called "Thunderball"!

I find the Moore films and some of the latter Connery ones (and some of the Brosnan ones...) to be imperfect, but I can appreciate certain aspects of them. It's nice to watch them with the commentary, although I think it's the same commentary as on the DVD editions.

For the two-disc DVD releases, Roger Moore provided a commentary track for every one of his films that came bundled together with all the ones from the previous "Special Edition" sets.

By the way Solo, have you noticed that "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" and "Licence to Kill" are alternate/uncut versions when compared to their previous DVD/VHS releases?

Thats a great deal, I just bought my 1st BR player on wed so this is going on the christmas list! :D

Buy Everyone On Your Christmas List This PLANET OF THE APES Set For Just 30 Bucks! | Badass Digest

Planet of the Apes: The Ultimate Collection (Limited Edition)

This is the 14-disc DVD set that includes all the movies, the TV series and the cartoon. And though the movies are already available on Blu-ray, the TV series and cartoon are not.

For $30 at nearly 83% off, it is worth it for the Caesar bust alone.

11457361164_f5c295ac5e_o.jpg

That bust is cool. Awesome deal! I see it on amazon for $154.98!

But it is DVD though. For $34.99 you can get the movies in a bluray set, sans bust however.

I wish they'd put all those out on a bluray without the bust. I got all the movies when amazon had a good bluray deal but they didn't have the tv show or cartoon in the set.

Ordered... and I finally subscribed to this thread because I am tired of missing all the good stuff!

Glad I could help. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back