Blade Runner Inspired Office Build: Deckard's Apartment

Never have I ever sat down on my sofa and muttered the words "hell yeah" in such quantaties. This entire thread is absolutely stunning, what an incredible space, craftsmanship and attention to detail. I'm so thankful I didn't find this thread early, because I just got a netflix level binge out of sitting here going through every update from page one. Absolutely breathtaking work!
Haha I love this so much. Glad you enjoyed it amigo! I’ve had a lot of fun building it and some really good vibes chilling in it. ;)

When I look at this build thread and I look at my own floating Jedi Training Remote- even though one is a 'hand (magnet) held' prop, and one is a reproduction of an entire space, from two different movies, I see a common thread of accuracy, love, reverence, dedication, skill and enthusiasm running through them!! I am envious that I don't possess the abilities that Trent has to do these things, but am grateful he is willing to share his accomplishment so generously with us all. CONGRATULATIONS on an achievement that some of us (me included) could only dream of producing. And thanks for sharing the wonder with us all Trent!!

When I look at this build thread and I look at my own floating Jedi Training Remote- even though one is a 'hand (magnet) held' prop, and one is a reproduction of an entire space, from two different movies, I see a common thread of accuracy, love, reverence, dedication, skill and enthusiasm running through them!! I am envious that I don't possess the abilities that Trent has to do these things, but am grateful he is willing to share his accomplishment so generously with us all. CONGRATULATIONS on an achievement that some of us (me included) could only dream of producing. And thanks for sharing the wonder with us all Trent!!
Wow, thank you for the very kind words. I’m really enjoying all the planning, researching, hunting, scaling, etc. My favorite thing is figuring out all the little details that nobody else would even notice :D

Wow, thank you for the very kind words. I’m really enjoying all the planning, researching, hunting, scaling, etc. My favorite thing is figuring out all the little details that nobody else would even notice :D
As they say, the devil's in the details. Congrats on such an incredible aesthetic you've achieved!

Rough draft (extreme emphasis on ROUGH) of the door handle and plates
Here's the model if you want to look at it in 3D. Cool Stantia-Jarv - 3D model by trentwhite778
This was just to get the proportions fairly close. It'll get completely rebuilt later.
1705448819378.png
1705449065177.png
1705448829943.png

Wow! What a year! My wife's health has drastically improved, thanks to getting her DMT (disease-modifying-therapy) dialed in, and her diligence in walking with me EVERY night. The immensely terrifying issues my son has been going through the past 3 years was suddenly, completely, and permanently resolved in the best way we could have hoped for on October 16th. The frequent intense anxiety and panic attacks I started having in May because of what he was going through are all but non-existent now. We're all 3 happier and healthier, and just all around higher functioning with the massive weight lifted.
We have decluttered the house and invested time and energy into making it cute, cozy, and comfortable.
Here's January 1, 2023 vs. January 1, 2024.
View attachment 1775517View attachment 1775518

It was a LOT of work (and I still have quite a bit of work left before it's finished) but I've loved every minute of it so far and am really enjoying the space much more.
Thanks for all the encouragement and feedback along the way. And a Happy New Year to everyone!
It's so wonderful to hear this news. So glad to hear your family's health and your well being is doing better. I love seeing updates to this build thread, but it's even more important to see that you're doing well.

It's so wonderful to hear this news. So glad to hear your family's health and your well being is doing better. I love seeing updates to this build thread, but it's even more important to see that you're doing well.
Thanks amigo! yes things are amazing right now compared to even just this past summer. We desperately needed some wins and we finally got some. Things are really good right now, Thank you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back