BLADE RUNNER BLASTER Replica by DAIKI KOGYO / ELFIN KNIGHTS (Japan)

Would it be possible to post pics of yours? Have not seen any non warped ones yet.

Thanks

Sure -- I'll take some pics tomorrow and post.

Also, I see that the Coyle hero-model all-resin version is available as a kit for $150 + shipping. So, I imagine that if you don't mind investing in a few cans of spray paint, glue and sand paper, you can have a pretty nice version for not much more than the Elfin piece. This had been referenced by others in the thread, but I didn't know exact cost at the time and was reluctant to mention this until I confirmed it myself.

Last edited:
Here are pics of the blaster I received (brown table background) and then compared to a SidKit I built to resemble the WorldCon prop as closely as possible. You can see that the SidKit is a touch bigger.

Thanks for the pics! Hmm, still an issue or two with that one but I might have kept mine if it came like that. The problem is, you have no way of knowing what you are going to get when you order one of these and, if you return it for replacement, what the replacement will look like (beyond the possible fact that none of them look much like the promo shots)... The problem isn't just warps, bumps and missing detail, it's also consistency from gun to gun. If every gun had the same minor issue to the same degree (like the laser pointer seems to have, for example) then I'm 100% positive some talented individual here would have a tutorial up on how he fixed it in no time, and we'd be talking about that instead of how disappointing this release turned out to be for a number of us.

Mark in Okinawa

When this went up for pre-sale a while back I almost pulled the trigger (so to speak) twice in buying this. At 100clams for a static prop I don't think it worth it. Seeing the in hand photos and vids really confirmed that I shouldn't buy. Pre-order pictures are always glossed up for that sell factor. I have yet to own a BR blaster but I now know that I want a working model.

I remember when I was a kid and I saw BR back in '82 I took a cowboy pistol from a toy I had that had a light sensor in it, when you shot the gun at a tiny gun slinger figure he would flop over and some wires would pull him back up. I converted that pistol into a make shift BR blaster with a card stock added barrel. I had so much fun with that toy. :D

Both Monsters in Motion and It Came From Japan have reported their Daiki Kyogo blasters shipped from Japan earlier in December. I have one purchased from both sites. Also notice a Japanese seller on Ebay has put up a number of the Daiki Kyogo blasters for sale.

Mine arrived this week. Not great, but not bad. Keeping it. Two items of wonkiness, the laser pointer and clip housing. The rest is quite acceptable for the $109 I got during the exchange rate to Yen that day. YMMV.
IMG_2826.jpgIMG_2828.jpgIMG_2840.jpg

I understand the issues and expectations from other RPF members. But the $20 it would cost me to return ship, etc.... it's just not worth it. I would take advantage of Richard's run but I just dropped $150 on a Captain America aluminum shield run... check back in Feb if he's still got it open.

Last edited:
I'm actually going to use one as a display piece in the holster while I have my Offworld Inc Model unholstered on display in a stand. My second Daiki I will use for wear and tear purposes.

Mine came in too:

Elfin_Knights_Blade_Runner_Blaster_zpsce35dd05.jpg

The blaster in the box's photos, front, back and sides, read "MADE IN AUSTRIA" but unfortunately this doesn't show on the product. Had the blaster been displayed on its other side, I think the discrepancy would have been more obvious viewing it through the box's window.

I personally like the Tomenosuke look, and I view this as a "Poor Man's Tomenosuke".

I'm with mb1k in that it's not bad for $109. It's slightly wobbly here or there, so perhaps think of this as a stunt blaster and call it a day. It's not worth the trouble shipping it back, and it could be re-gifted (assuming most of us bought this as a gift to ourselves!).

I've considered adding some weathering, and also trying to figure out how on earth to get rid of the "MADE IN CHINA" from the butt cap.

CSMacLaren yours look to be just a tad better than my example; no clear laser pointer wonkiness and top frame looks much more linear. I know our passions and expectation run high here, but dang, this thing is taking a blood bath. I still see it as a value at $109'ish for no other reason that there is nothing "finished" in the market that is in that price range.

Sure, we'd all like Ross' or Tomeno's offerings on our shelves but I welcome something at a lower price point that not a recast. I think this fills the bill. I acknowledge the serious issues, but also would like to say again that this isn't serious money either.

if anyone paints/weathers theirs, would love to know what paints and/or primer you use. I would like to paint butt plate silver, at least -- the screws do come off on grips, which will make painting the plate easier -- just need to figure out what paint to use. My guess is a primer or vinyl primer (??) followed by aluminum or chrome spray paint. Any advice welcome.

Agree with you both. I have the Tomenosukes and Offworld and Takagi but still like this for the price and novelty factor.

It's by no means as well finished or detailed as the Tomenosuke, but for those wanting a shelf display piece without having to assemble or paint it, I reckon it's worth considering.

Tomenosukes on the right and the Offworld (top) and Elfin Knights Takagi 'ignition model' (bottom), on the left, for those interested in details and differences.

#blasteraddictionP1140928.JPG

CSMacLaren yours look to be just a tad better than my example; no clear laser pointer wonkiness and top frame looks much more linear. I know our passions and expectation run high here, but dang, this thing is taking a blood bath. I still see it as a value at $109'ish for no other reason that there is nothing "finished" in the market that is in that price range.

Sure, we'd all like Ross' or Tomeno's offerings on our shelves but I welcome something at a lower price point that not a recast. I think this fills the bill. I acknowledge the serious issues, but also would like to say again that this isn't serious money either.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back