Black Widow

Agreed but on the flip side what will poor Scar jo do without that extra x amount of millions in her account.
Does it really matter? Regardless of how much money she already has and could have gotten had Disney not did a simultaneous release of Black Widow and/or not giving her a cut of the Disney + sales. This lawsuit has the potential to affect many other actors who are not as well off as ScarJo is.

LOL I could give two squirts of piss about the whole situation,I just find it funny hence the sarcasm.As far as businesses go she made a deal with the devil so what does she expect.As far as she is owed,I know people that are owed by Anovos,EFX etc.. contract or not people take it in the arse,part of life.

LOL I could give two squirts of piss about the whole situation,I just find it funny hence the sarcasm.As far as businesses go she made a deal with the devil so what does she expect.As far as she is owed,I know people that are owed by Anovos,EFX etc.. contract or not people take it in the arse,part of life.
Isnt EFX basically screwed since they have such a bad rep that people rarely order their products?

also kind of weird logic that since people have gotten screwed over by companies, we should all just accept getting screwed over more.

But yeah, given that about 1/4 of BW revenue came from digital/streaming, there should have been a renegotiation.

Maybe wrong place to ask this but I was wondering if someone could help explain one thing I dont understand about the suit.

Seems the Disney lawyers are also taking issue with the fact that ScarJo lost earnings from the hybrid release even though by their very numbers, streaming accounts for around a third of total earnings.

are they trying to go for a wording of the contract argument? (ScarJo’s lawyers should have known that Disney should distribute via streaming and the contract doesnt say the movie is exclusively theater distribution only)

Maybe wrong place to ask this but I was wondering if someone could help explain one thing I dont understand about the suit.

Seems the Disney lawyers are also taking issue with the fact that ScarJo lost earnings from the hybrid release even though by their very numbers, streaming accounts for around a third of total earnings.

are they trying to go for a wording of the contract argument? (ScarJo’s lawyers should have known that Disney should distribute via streaming and the contract doesnt say the movie is exclusively theater distribution only)
And hooooooooooooooow would they know that Disney would distribute via streaming? The contracts associated with this movie would've been inked well before it went into production which was in 2019 before COVID was a thing...

Not calling you out specifically, but that would be kind of a stupid tack for Disney to take...

Last edited:
And hooooooooooooooow would they know that Disney would distribute via streaming? The contracts associated with this movie would've been inked well before it went into production which was in 2019 before COVID was a thing...

Not calling you out specifically, but that would be kind of a stupid tack for Disney to take...
Disney isn't that bright. They figured they could get away with anything because they have money and most people are afraid of them. ScarJo wasn't. If Disney was bright, they would have renegotiated the contracts before releasing Black Widow. That they figured they didn't have to was a mistake on their part.

Lol i know no worries. Im just trying to understand what argument the Disney lawyers are going to make given the fact that they “take issue” with the fact that ScarJo lost earnings from the hybrid release. Given the article, it does seem to be they want to push for “but we didnt say the film was going to be exclusively distributed to theaters” defense.

They cant really seriously think the releasing on Disney+ simultaneously had absolutely no impact on ticket sales argument would fly given their own numbers disprove this.

The “we didnt say it was theater exclusive” would be slimy as hell but slimy arguments have won cases.

Ultimately does any of this affect the movie itself as a story? It seems like the business aspect of this whole thing has overshadowed it and sadly I have a feeling that this is what Black Widow will be remembered for.

Lol i know no worries. Im just trying to understand what argument the Disney lawyers are going to make given the fact that they “take issue” with the fact that ScarJo lost earnings from the hybrid release. Given the article, it does seem to be they want to push for “but we didnt say the film was going to be exclusively distributed to theaters” defense.

They cant really seriously think the releasing on Disney+ simultaneously had absolutely no impact on ticket sales argument would fly given their own numbers disprove this.

The “we didnt say it was theater exclusive” would be slimy as hell but slimy arguments have won cases.
In this case the argument of "we didn't say it would be theater exclusive" would win the case since, from what I understand, part of ScarJo's case is based on that she and Disney would re-negotiate her contract if the movie didn't go to the theaters exclusively. But Disney didn't and that's part of what this case is all about.

Ultimately does any of this affect the movie itself as a story? It seems like the business aspect of this whole thing has overshadowed it and sadly I have a feeling that this is what Black Widow will be remembered for.
Well, considering that the intrigue surrounding the film is about twenty times more interesting than the film itself, I don’t mind. Black Widow was forgettable, long, and trying weakly to be too many different things rather than doing any one of them well. It’s a shame that the character’s final moments won’t be remembered from Endgame but rather a bloated, discount Mission Impossible with the lightest Marvel flair instead.

Fair enough. I have yet to see it but it's not a priority and this situation certainly isn't bolstering my interest.

Yup.

To put this in context:

Imagine that I write a book. I go to the publisher. The publisher says "I'll give you $40,000 up front, and back end on 20% of the book sales in brick and mortar stores." I say "Sure!" $40k is a nice chunk of change, but since I think this book is going to sell amazingly well, I'm extra jazzed for the 20% sales gross.

Things are looking great, but a week before the book is going to release, the pandemic hits and nobody goes anywhere for a year. The publisher delays the sale date by a year, and then finally says it's going to release the book. Only the publisher is also going to release it as a "collection special" on the publisher's new subscription-based app, which lets you read anything they publish for a monthly fee. The "collection special" is where you pay $4 for a copy that you get access to 3 months before it shows up on the app for free.

And then there's another pandemic wave and people stop going to bookstores again (what few remain).

The publisher is offering the book for less than what it'd cost to get it in a store (which only has $12 hardback copies), and because our deal was negotiated before their app even offered the "collection special" option, I get no portion of those sales. So not only are they undercutting the brick and mortar sales, but they're also cutting me out of the "collection special" sales.

If that happened? You bet your ass I'd sue.
This is actually explained really well. Thank you for taking the time and writing this up

Isnt EFX basically screwed since they have such a bad rep that people rarely order their products?

also kind of weird logic that since people have gotten screwed over by companies, we should all just accept getting screwed over more.

But yeah, given that about 1/4 of BW revenue came from digital/streaming, there should have been a renegotiation.
Many wish that to be the case.. but unfortunately all they have to do is product a run of chrome limited edition helmets and collectors buy it..

Same thing with anovos.. they never produced anything in years.. new product was put on their site and people still bought it.. to never receive that as well..

Went to see it.
My kids loved it.
While it wasn't the best Marvel film it had a ton of laughs which I really enjoyed.
The family dynamic was worth the watch alone. Even if it was a fake family. Makes me want to revisit "the Americans " show .
Florence Pugh as Yelena was the highlight for me. She was awesome and a scene stealer.
I hadn't thought about it until it was mentioned in this thread but her (Black Widow) story as a trilogy would have been awesome.

Looks to me like Disney is looking to short her a percentage of $125 million and counting …..

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back