Black Adam

Got around to watching it last night and it was... passable. Honestly, it's one of those movies that's fine in the moment, but I honestly have very little recollection of what I saw. I found most of the characters to be meaningless and while I think Johnson was fine, and I liked Brosnan, the rest were pretty forgettable.

Got around to watching it last night and it was... passable. Honestly, it's one of those movies that's fine in the moment, but I honestly have very little recollection of what I saw. I found most of the characters to be meaningless and while I think Johnson was fine, and I liked Brosnan, the rest were pretty forgettable.
What did you think of the intentional confusion about who got the power?

In the beginning, it starts off showing you the story of the son becoming Black Adam. You think it is done, but it isn't.

Part way through, someone tells Black Adam a story of "how it really happened," and it is a twist, Adam even gets emotional from it, as if the story was credible.

Then, in the end, we get the true story. I thought it was intentionally deceptive how they revealed the true/final story.

What did you think of the intentional confusion about who got the power?

In the beginning, it starts off showing you the story of the son becoming Black Adam. You think it is done, but it isn't.

Part way through, someone tells Black Adam a story of "how it really happened," and it is a twist, Adam even gets emotional from it, as if the story was credible.

Then, in the end, we get the true story. I thought it was intentionally deceptive how they revealed the true/final story.
I don't realy care about any of that, I just didn't think it was very interesting.

I watched this today after seeing it'd dropped on HBO. Good god, I haven't been so annoyed by a superhero movie since WW84.

It was so heavy-handed in trying to make the same point Marvel did with relative subtlety in Ultron (heroes aren't actually there when people NEED them, and expect to be lauded when they actually do show up). It really felt like they didn't know how to make Black Adam the "good guy" of the piece without making the actual heroes idiots. Atom Smasher was a clueless doofus (as this was the character's first outing as a hero, he gets a hair of leniency), but Hawkman was inexcusably stupid as a leader. I get that Carter is not always the most personable of guys, but the fact that the literal mom in the movie had to look at them and LITERALLY SAY "enough with the fighting, my kid is in danger" to get them to focus and try to do anything heroic was irritating.

Overall, it felt incredibly lazy writing-wise (yes, you can have antagonistic characters and have them body have valid points, you don't have to make everyone buy your protag a *******), and very uninspired. The closing theme had me broiling because it sounded like they'd lifted the score for the His Dark Materials tv show.

Since when does the Justice Society work with Waller? And Superman as Waller's attack dog? No thanks. None of that was even remotely touched on or explained.

I watched this yesterday and it was totally forgettable. The ONLY good part was when Superman showed up. Yep 5secs of a 2hr movie. The characters Storm Cyclone, Ant Man Atom Smasher, Doctor Strange Doctor Fate, and The Falcon Hawkman were strangely familiar so it kind of seemed like we've seen this movie already, except it was done better before. They should have introduced him in Shazam and THEN made this movie. I'm not familiar with the character, but I liked the Zachary Levi movie a lot more. The Rock just had none of his usual charisma in this thing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back