Bigturc's Ironman Mark3 Build

The scale really has been transformed now with this Al, the over all balance and proportions are so much better.

Head across to the shoulders and combined with the chest, the whole silhouette of what you have now here is bang on!

So glad we went this route. Looks fantastic mate! :thumbsup

Had about 2 hours to put on this tonight, so I drilled out the back bolts and fitted my set of 3d printed bolts in there.

Once the holes were done at exactly the right size for the bolts, I put the bolts in, and shaped the back with Apoxie sculpt, then removed the bolts. This will give me nice little sockets for the bolts which I'm gonna do one layer of fiberglass cloth (w/ ApoxAmite) for durability. More pics tomorrow.

large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg

Hey guys,
This is my build thread.

Suckface helmet, chest, back and shoulders CNC'ed from the cgi suit.
Zabana`s most excellent feet and hands
Dancing Fools for other parts

Had a question, I'm trying to build my first suit and wanted to know, should I be able to slip on the neck piece and the cod?

Had a question, I'm trying to build my first suit and wanted to know, should I be able to slip on the neck piece and the cod?

Depends are we talking pep/fiberglass build? If so, no, you'll probably have to cut the neck to fit it if you want a good fit around. As for the cod, it all depends on your body but I know in my case, I'll probably cut it in 2!

Hey big turc, is there a detail set like that for war machine ?

I wish there were, but unfortunately not on my side!! Your best bet would be to ask the modelers on this site to do them and then print them in frosted detail on Shapeways!

Its ok i can do them myself just asking because it would save me big time, :), i went thru the whole thread again, and you sure know how to work this armors, very detailed and clean, keep up the updates

Will certainly do! :)

After 24h, the Apoxie Sculpt is rock solid, so I got my ApoxAmite out of storage and added a few layer of cloths. Now my bolts have a solid backing and I'll drill a hole in the center to place and be able to remove my bolts. Also a little putty is needed in there to smooth it out.

large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg

Its ok i can do them myself just asking because it would save me big time, :), i went thru the whole thread again, and you sure know how to work this armors, very detailed and clean, keep up the updates

Thanks man, doing my best with the time I have! :thumbsup I hate having such high standards for the work I'm doing. This could cruise a lot faster if I didn't want everything to be perfect!

Know what you mean my friend! If I wasn't so fussy I'd probably be almost through instead of going back to the drawing board over and over. It will be worth it in the long run though!

No, no update for now, I'm still tweeking the lemons of chest and back so that they look perfect. Lot of work involved .. way too much for the price paid. :thumbsdown

Such an impressive build you have going on here. It's making me want my extra silicon now!

Don't really need to say it but keep up the good work,
Tom.

Thanks Drack. Lots of love in there. I'm now in the process of stripping a house I just bought so this guy is put on hold for now! sigh

That is...impressive. I cannot wait to see it painted. :love

Speaking of which if I got to the painting stage and I had something like that I would be so scared of messing up the paint job. :lol

Keep it up! :thumbsup

Yeah, I'm scared too! :)

I always thought I'd paint this with Duplicolor can paint .. but I decided this would be done via the paint booth.

Good thing is, I bought a paint gun a couple months back, but couldn't use it since I live in a condo .. but with the new house, sky is the limit! Won't be done for a few more months, but this guy on primer will still look awesome anyway! :)

Thanks guys for keeping the faith! loll

I'm in the same boat, mainly as work has taken over my build, so I've told myself so long as it's done for the spring next year.

We're lucky to have these parts Al, they'll look stunning once done. Already do to be fair.

Looking good mate. Once your sorted at the new house I can see this build making great progress. Things just take's time :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back