Bigturc's Ironman Mark3 Build

Thanks, this thread is booming with pics of everything I've done in details. It's pretty much self explanatory! :)

I'm done with all the upper body parts but just bought a new house, so this build is on standby for some time!

hey great build. this may be a stupid question but, in the picture of your leg peice the actual pieces look very thick. what sort of paper/card did you use when peping it?

cheers

Chris, yes, EpoxAmite outside, and EpoxAmite w/ fiberglass. Epoxy resin is odorless, quite handy in a condo! :)

Time for a long overdue update! Here's pics of my finished upper parts. Finally, they're as clean as I will go, redid a lot of lines, opened up all edges who had air through the gel coat, fixed broken edges, thickened thin edges and added the ridge on the shoulders.

Only the flaps to do now, but a lot of work on these too. Not sure when I`ll get around it now .. I`m pretty busy with the new house!

Don't mind I ran out of primer, so my last corrections are still visible! Quite happy with the final look of it!

More surprise to come soon to those who still follow this thread .. :love

large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg

Some solid work there Al, quite a transformation! Great work!
Still following with great interest. Maybe into the new year you and I will get these Mark 3's onto a good place where we'll see them close to finished. I'll be updating my thread very soon.

Great to see these pics above mate.

Wow - just read this from the start - amazing attention to detail. You're incredibly patient!! As it's getting colder here, I'm going to have to look into the Epoximate instead of the polyester resin. The bondo body filler stinks up the place pretty good too though. Is that what you're using the Evercoat Rage Gold to replace?

Thanks guys .. Yeah, I do realise that I have an enormous patience to try to finish this to almost perfection!! I know it'll pay off in the end!

MadLou, nah, the Evercoat Rage Gold is as smelly as the rest, it's just much smoother .. almost creamy compared to the bondo brand. It just goes on much smoother in the end!

Chris, yes, EpoxAmite outside, and EpoxAmite w/ fiberglass. Epoxy resin is odorless, quite handy in a condo! :)

Time for a long overdue update! Here's pics of my finished upper parts. Finally, they're as clean as I will go, redid a lot of lines, opened up all edges who had air through the gel coat, fixed broken edges, thickened thin edges and added the ridge on the shoulders.

Only the flaps to do now, but a lot of work on these too. Not sure when I`ll get around it now .. I`m pretty busy with the new house!

Don't mind I ran out of primer, so my last corrections are still visible! Quite happy with the final look of it!

More surprise to come soon to those who still follow this thread .. :love

large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
omg that back look like the mark 7 one without the back pack !!!

Update! Finally, after a lot of back and forth, got these printed and they're taking a bath right now! :thumbsup

I used a stencil of my chest plate to test it .. doesn't look too bad!

large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg

And a few of my latest cast bolts! At some point, I should cast my own! ;)

large.jpg
large.jpg

Ok I'm hooked my friend! Have the bolts and love them! If you do a run I would be honored to be included! They are so hot looking!
Thanks! M

It's been a while, but I finally could finish the thigh to make it pep friendly.

So now, you'll have the complete leg, my shin and the thigh that fits together!!! I'll make that available soon if anyone got my shin.

Unfortunately, I have no update on my suit since I'm building a whole house right now .. so that'll be a few more weeks without being able to work on the suit. But I'm really tempted to at least send the thigh to the printer! :love

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back