Bigturc's Ironman Mark3 Build

Fin,
Thanks for the input, are you saying I shouldn't patch the holes with this putty? Either use the 2 parts that you mix yourself or get the Evercoat stuff?

Talking Evercoat, I never heard back from you as to where you were buying yours?

I would not use it at all. In about 2 weeks or less every place you have used this will have srunk down and you will see every repair. Unless you give it enough time to shrink before you finish it etc. Just not the best or even strong putty. I would use this, it's what I use all the time for finishing actually.
USC Icing Polyester Finishing Putty [USC-26006] - $24.99 : KMS Tools & Equipment from Vancouver BC, Selling quality tools at affordable prices all over Canada. Largest powertool, handtool and woodworking machinery retailer in Canada.

I'm not sure where you can buy any of this where you are located. I'm in Edmonton and there are at least 10 or more places to buy this. Any autobody supply place will have everything you need. You'll have to search what's around you.

Fin,
Thanks for the input, are you saying I should patch the holes with this putty? Either use the 2 parts that you mix yourself or get the Evercoat stuff?

Talking Evercoat, I never heard back from you as to where you were buying yours?

Thank Finhead, I'll try to find myself an autobody shop and see what they've got!

For the hands, I'm gonna have to put much more filler if I want a nice round shape. Anyway, won't do it as I'll wait and see if I can find Fin's stuff around here!

In the meantime, I wet sanded the putty from my shoulders to reveal all the pinholes that needed to be filled ... primer after dinner!

143245303.jpg
143245304.jpg
143245305.jpg
143245306.jpg
143245307.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic! Chest and pieces are looking real good Al. You'll find once you've given it a good primer layer that this will be a good tell tale sign of any further imperfections or bumps and then you can give it another once over with a sanding block. Love the 3D Milled parts, they just scream accuracy.

Thanks Steve!!

Primer has been done on one shoulder! There's just sommany type of primer out there, sandable, filler primer, I never really know which one to use .. Will post pics tomorrow but it revealed more pinholes which I'll fill later again and the more primer and filler bla bla bla! :)

This is looking great so far! Stoked to see it when it's all finished.=)

Won't be finished soon, but look often for updates! :)

wow , you're so damn lucky !!awesome build... super classy stuff

Thanks, much appreciated! As much as I was kinda disapointed with the parts at first, the more I work on them, the more they get where I want them to be! So that's a good sign! loll

Ok, so, tonight, after a little more work on the War Machine helmet, I came back to the inner shoulder problem.

Since the parts came without support to join them ... I'll need to build them myself. Here's my idea ..

1. Build a cardboard backing where the support will be.

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

2. Apply EpoxAmite with fiberglass cloth over the support (which will end up being the drawn section), and once it's set, remove support and reinforce with more fiberglass.

Or get some (Lepage) epoxy putty and build up that section, then reinforce with EpoxAmite and cloth/matte when it's dry?

Are those naive idea that can't fundamentally work?

Foot plate

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Calf progress

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Began patching the bubbles and broken edge on the torso ... I used epoxy putty for this, seems to hold really nice. Hopefully, it will last for long?!?

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Shoulders. Support still need to be done!

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Re: Bigturc's IM Mark3 pep files

Here's a sneak peak at the new calf model I did with a friend. I'll let you judge of its accuracy! ;) It has the asymetry of the original .. just finished unfolding this, will build it and post pics soon!

Let me know what you think!

large.jpg

Hey Bigturc, one question, this shin is the same model of Dancin Fool ??
If it is not, can you shared this file ??
would be helpful
:thumbsup Great job man and sorry for my english, is very poor :confused

Nice work, big fan! Can't wait to see what you do with the boots, I myself going to start doing a build, crazy enough it will be IM MK III; and the War Machine, can this calves be used on the MK IV? do you have the thighs?

Thanks bro.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back