Where to find products in Montreal and/or Canada?

Bigturc

Sr Member
Hey guys,

I live in Montreal (Canada), and through the course of my different projects, I've always been bugged by the fact we don't have 1/10 of the products that people are using .. or they're really hard to find. So I decided to compile a list of what I'm looking for or using .. hopefully, we can combine our finds here!

1. AVES Apoxie Sculpt
-sculpturesupply.com but shipping is killing me! Didn't order yet.
-Sial. These guys have Aves product!!! Didn't know until I spent some time walking around their shop! Good price too!

2. USC Icing polyester putty
-Ebay Eastwood company is my best bet for now. Didn't order yet.

3. Evercoat RAGE Gold
-UAP/NAPA stores has Body PRO product which is Evercoat inside.
-Auto Parts Plus has the 500-30 product which is Evercoat RAGE Gold inside.
-CarQuest has the ColorFlow (Premium Deluxe) product which is Evercoat RAGE Gold inside.

4. Smooth On product
-Sial. Been ordering already from these guys, great price!

5. Other moulding products
Webster & Sons Limited. Didn't try them yet

6. Fiberglass cloth/matte
Canadian Tire has them .. but it's kinda limited.
Plasto Ltee has these in rolls, you buy by the meter.

7. DupliColor paint
Canadian Tire

If you live in either Montreal, or the region, or in Canada and have been getting these from somewhere, let us all know!

Cheers,
Al

Last edited:
I'm bumping this thread!
I found Aves product in Montreal, at Sial, see link in first post!!

Now, I'm looking to find DuplicColor Sunburst Gold paint, but no Canadian Tire around my place are having it at all .. they can't even get it .. no clue why!!!

Anyone has any idea where it can be found?
Or anyone in Canada has access to it and could ship a couple cans to me maybe?!?
Or a good substitute for it (for an Ironman build)?

I'm bumping this thread!
I found Aves product in Montreal, at Sial, see link in first post!!

Now, I'm looking to find DuplicColor Sunburst Gold paint, but no Canadian Tire around my place are having it at all .. they can't even get it .. no clue why!!!

Anyone has any idea where it can be found?
Or anyone in Canada has access to it and could ship a couple cans to me maybe?!?
Or a good substitute for it (for an Ironman build)?

Lordco auto parts store might have the Duplicolour paint line

DupliColor Sunburst Gold and Toreador Red Met found at Canadian Tire corner Papineau and 440!!!

That's the colors for Ironman btw.

I buy all my smooth-on products from Sculpture Supply Canada (store is in Toronto).
Sculpture Supply Canada - plaster, silicone, carving stones, Toronto. Someone mentioned that store a few posts above.

It used to be a pain to order from them because they could not take payment from their website and you had to call them to pay... but I think that they got that issue resolved.

Lee Valley tools also carries some Epoxy Resin (West System epoxy).Lee Valley Tools

You'll need a brush on .. Probably something like dragon sky from smooth on but i'm not an expert! Go visit Sial, they'll tell you what to use!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back