best Star Trek Original Series shirt for less than seventy-five bucks?

MystArt

Looking for a Star Trek 60's shirt (Captain Kirk gold with insignia and arm bands) and trying to keep my budget under seventy-five bucks. Anyone got a good recommendation?

It's for YouTube so it mainly needs to "look right" on camera as opposed to being 100% authentic material or comfortable.

I wear Large sized sweaters and I'm 6' 2" so is there a brand that fits a lot of different body types? I'm hoping not to have to keep returning shirts that don't fit so is there a nice easy fit style out there that might stretch enough if it's not completely the right cut for me?

A couple of years ago for Halloween, I got one from Costume Base:

Mine came from Amazon, but I don't see it listed there any longer. It was about $40 bucks.

A couple of years ago for Halloween, I got one from Costume Base:

Mine came from Amazon, but I don't see it listed there any longer. It was about $40 bucks.
It looks great but the black neckband looks WAY too wide.

I see what Funky means about the neck, but it all depends on how accurate you need it to be. Here's mine from 2017; I just used it for Halloween so it was close enough for my purpose:

Wide neck is canon remember Sulus big arse wide neck sloppy Tunic in one of the earlier shows!

Yep...

5266C9B9-31EB-4103-88B9-D14E31E90BCE.png

If I remember correctly, Kirk’s uniform color in the original series was avocado. I saw a very authentic looking one on a site somewhere for sale that was reasonably priced and was available in all sizes.....if I remember the site I will shoot you a pm.

Only The Third season Tunic was

If I remember correctly, Kirk’s uniform color in the original series was avocado. I saw a very authentic looking one on a site somewhere for sale that was reasonably priced and was available in all sizes.....if I remember the site I will shoot you a pm.

Ahhhh understood. Amazon has them for sale, made by Rubies. Not perfect by any means but would probably do the part for you. $25 and all sizes available up to 2XL.

On set it was a chartreuse color but on screen due to lighting and color correction it came out the mustard color that we all know. So, while the chartreuse color would be technically correct, it would look odd to most people, esp. those who don't know how the tunic really looked on set.

Honestly I'd pay the extra $25 an get one custom made in either the early season velour or later season double knit material from murraymousie on ebay

They are fantastic quality, do not feel cheap at all, made to your measurements, and can have the hidden zipper added if its wanted

Honestly I'd pay the extra $25 an get one custom made in either the early season velour or later season double knit material from murraymousie on ebay

They are fantastic quality, do not feel cheap at all, made to your measurements, and can have the hidden zipper added if its wanted

Second this. I had her make a TOS medical smock and pants.

Very happy with her work.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back