Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider costume WIP

I agree that this is a neat take on the Spidey look.

-For those who may have to Google it:

detail.jpg

Very nice. Are you sewing the zentai suit yourself? If you are you are a god among sewers. I made a Spiderman 2099 mask by hand and I was cursing myself every time it moved a millimeter.

Very nice. Are you sewing the zentai suit yourself? If you are you are a god among sewers. I made a Spiderman 2099 mask by hand and I was cursing myself every time it moved a millimeter.

It was already stitched together but as it was a cheap suit the stitching wasn't very strong so i re did the whole suit, didn't take as long as i thought lol.

Any news on this?

Yeah small update the guy who was making the eye frames and web shooters ended up sending them to my old address, then found out it was the wrong items sent so had to send it back.

fingers crossed they should be here this coming week and the suit will be complete lol.

Ok new update, webshooters and eye frames arrived today so i've glued the eye frames on and they look massive! almost perfect for a comic book style costume so im happy with how it turned out.
excuse the poor angel of the photo self shot with a mask on is a nightmare lol.

DSCN0501.jpg

next task is the belt, belt pods and buckle then the ankle pockets.

i'll take a few more tomorrow when the sun comes back out so it'll show off the awesomeness of this suit and you'll see the web pod bracers as well, which are seriously cool lol.

Last edited:
Little update for people.

I doubt i'll be finishing the costume any time soon as im having trouble finding ankle pouches and i am also struggling with the belt pods and buckle, i could take the easy way out and just get random bits from ebay but i want to do the costume right so i'll be working on making the belt pods and buckles myself which knowing my luck will be a pain in the ass, that and finding leather pouches to fit the ankles is almost impossivle.

i was just wondering was it hard to glue that to the suit? could you go into detail how you did it cause im trying to do it and im afraid itll be hard!

hey man i love this suit especially the eyes i started working on scarlet spider but ended up getting drawn to the new suit lol for the leg pouches what about some leather and cover 2 of these

Cigarette Case Holder Polished Stainless Steel Sprung | eBay

sorry i cant post actual hyperlinks atm but using this covered in leather it will stay sturdy and you can carry things around it it :)

I was lucky enough to find some help with the ankle pouches and ended up getting these, LEATHER GUN PELLET POUCH *NEW* WITH BELT LOOP | eBay pretty much spot on for what i wanted, i just need the leather straps now to hold them in place.

both im mostly scared about the shoes hahah
can you run in them also

the way i did mine i can run, jump, flip and skid across the floor without worry, if i have time tomorrow i will make a video for you explaining the whole process i used to make the soles of the shoes as strong as possible.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back