Beetlejuice 2

I met with Michael Keaton years ago - maybe 2006 about writing a sequel, I wasn't really interested in doing it, but I wanted to meet Keaton badly. So we sat down for at least 3 hours together going over the 4 or 5 scripts that had been written over the years and why they didn't work. The biggest problem was that Burton didn't want to be involved and without him in development meetings you'd really just be writing another script for the growing pile. Keaton was cool as hell and he did say there were only two characters he'd played in his entire career that he cared to revisit - one being Beetlejuice and the other was Billy Blazejowski from Night Shift -lol no joke. He thought it would be fun to see where those characters were today. He also shared some HALARIOUS stories concerning Joel Schumacher that a best left untyped. At the end of the day we both agreed the project didn't need a script - it needed a heavy hitter to guide the development and when it came to it, get a green light from Warner Brothers. I may not have got the job - but meeting him and shooting the poop was worth whatever I might have made. I'll bet Burton only steps on as a producer, just to get the movie made. Keaton did have a good idea for a title "Beetlejuice.... Beetlejuice....".

He IS the ghost with the most. This needs to happen one day.

If pee wee can get a second life, beetle juice can't be too far behind.

Nick

youtube vid was funny, unfortunately way to close to home. depp is actually turned into a okay actor, but helena come on spare us please .

I would watch it, I would need Keaton in it tho at the least, I hate when they change the leads... I love all the nightmare on elm streets with Robert, but can't stand that other guy..ugh

They could always bring Johnny Depp as beetlejuice's lost cousin and Helen Bonham Carter as his lover for this picture!!! Think about that for a second!! And Danny Elfman could do his...thing...hmmm.....

Given that this was originally posted not quite 2 years ago, I'd say it's a safe bet it ISN'T happening any time soon.

And a good thing, too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back