Beetlejuice 2

2 points why this isnt going to be nearly as good as the first one: 3D and sfx

it will be packed with it so they can get more money, and nothing is going to change that

C'mon, what has Tim Burton ever done to you?

I don't think this will happen. But it is a good discussion to have. If it did come together and all the stars aligned, I would think you would need a director like Burton who gets total creative control, otherwise some studio exec will blow through and destroy every last thing that would have made it fun. Like with fart jokes.

I think I remember reading about a sequel a while ago. The studios wanted a sequel, so Burton wrote a script, but he deliberately wrote the most ridiculous, awful script he could, in hopes that the studios would hate it. It involved the Deetz family moving to Hawaii, and Beetlejuice following them there, Lydia and Beetlejuice end up getting married somehow, tropical hijinx ensue... or something? I can't really recall exactly what the plot was actually about, but it was awful.

That was a while ago though, so I doubt it's at all related. Either way, I'm not sure about a sequel. I love Keaton and Burton, but I'm not sure they'd be able to pull it off. I'm interested in hearing more.

haha the replies to that post were great, Im sure Depp and Carter would play the new recently dead people or some sort of antagonist for Beetlejuice.

Im excited about this, From Keaton really really wanting to reprise this role that he's said he loved doing the first time around. original is such a classic and im glad no one else is stepping into those black and white stripped duds.

I'm definitely tired of the Burton, Depp, Carter, Elfman formula. He definitely need to step out of his comfort zone and do something completely different. IMO he's best film was Ed Wood which was the most outside his normal style of film.

one of my favorite movies of all time. this could go either way. i wont watch it if Depp and bonham carter are in it. im tired of that schtick.

but so far there seems to be nothing about depp and carter, so im still very giddy :)

I'm definitely tired of the Burton, Depp, Carter, Elfman formula. He definitely need to step out of his comfort zone and do something completely different. IMO he's best film was Ed Wood which was the most outside his normal style of film.

Amen!

Doug

After seeing the extended commercial for it yesterday, are you sure this isn't out for immenent release with Johnny Depp in the role?

Seriously, it's exactly what was running through my head with the preview for Dark Shadows....

I'd say Planet of the Apes :sick was out of his comfort zone... and mine.

But this thing has been talked about for years now... since I was a kid. It's probably in the same movie purgetory that Ghostbusters 3 is in...

I'd say Planet of the Apes :sick was out of his comfort zone... and mine.

But this thing has been talked about for years now... since I was a kid. It's probably in the same movie purgetory that Ghostbusters 3 is in...

Homer-Simpson-Oh-No.jpg

OH NO!!! Don't say that!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back