Beer bottle identification - Death in paradise (Tv Show)

nickc

I am trying to identify the bottle used in the attached picture, the label is made for the show and I have contacted someone regarding this.

I suspect it is a locally purchased item, which is then re-labeled, it may also be a soft drink i.e. ginger beer etc.

So far I have had no luck finding it, despite its angular lines.

Any info would be appreciated.

Nick.

4917-picture-fancybox-DeathInparadisedreisieben.jpg

There are two places I score bottles from for productions, the dollar store or my ex that works at a local pub. Dark bottles are generally chosen for two reasons, less worry about the amount of liquid inside for continuity, and the actor can drink anything they prefer in the bottle.

The other possibility for the bottles is the prop maker used the budget to buy cases of his/her favorite beverage. Party on.

For the bottle are you certain the lower area below the neck is angular? Decals are not always professionally printed on proper self stick stock. Many times they are printed at home on a standard ink jet printer in a rush or to save budget. The label itself may be printed on a clear medium and applied higher up. There is an affixed difference in the labels of the bottles sitting side by side in your picture.

The best example I have for the label affecting the visual shape of the bottle is the Rodrigo bottle below from the DKG movie. There was no time to source the proper material for the custom label as I was given the task late at night just hours before we were to film. No time was there to adjust the label angle for the shape of the bottle ending in a sharp edge making the bottle appear angular below the neck. All of these were made from scratch in a few hours and printed on an ink jet at home. If there was proper time they would have been clear coated for a matte sheen look like a real label.
298j6v.jpg

2f07i39.jpg

Based on appearance it's a 12oz amber bottle with a pry off crown finish. Hard to tell anything more from that pic. I've never seen a bottle with such a well defined angular shoulder before. It could very well be a proprietary custom molded bottle. There aren't that many glass manufacturers in the world, primarily OI, Ardaugh and Anchor (Ardaugh purchased Anchor actually so really only two). I put links to their respective North America product catalogs below. I'm assuming this is a NA bottle, could be from anywhere really.

OI NA product catalog: http://www.o-i.com/uploadedFiles/Pa..._Solutions/O-I_North_America_Beer_Catalog.pdf
Ardaugh's NA product catalog: http://northamerica.ardaghproducts.com/beer
Anchor NA product catalog: http://www.anchorglass.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/AG_Beer_Stock_Catalog_12_2015.pdf

Anchor's 812J5 looks to be a close approximation as does OI's new "Advantage" bottle. I'd say between the two Anchor's is closer.

Thanks to robstyle for the labelling info & Foe Hammer for your pdf's. very informative.

I have contacted the manufacturers with the hope of finding out who, in North America, uses these bottles. Maybe then I can get my hands on a bottle or two.

Once I get these, I can then focus on the label.

Any further info is always appreciated.

Cheers.

sorry, no info to offer, just wanted to say I really enjoy that show!!
and cool idea for a prop from it !! :)
good luck!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back