Batman Fan Film Discussion. Updated 3/24 W/ storyboard beginning

Re: Batman Live Action Fan Series. Any interest?

Hey Seth sorry I have been MIA on this for a bit now. (Been away working on some other projects here in the local area)

Anyhow I just wanted to say catching up has been fun and I am glad to see you are still plugging away on this project. Hit me up via a email on here if you ever need anything. Looking forward to reading more from you.

One thing about episode one if I may : the clue batman found and linked to Black Mask seems a bit too easy, something the the CSI crew could do too. It should be a bit harder to find and to establish a connection, more clever. Take a look at "sherlock" (bbd) and "elementary" (cbs - i think), to illustrate what I mean. Other than that, I'm no professional even if it's in my field of study too, but you have to be careful about how your scenes follow each other, right now it seems to be a little bit too "dispersed". I think you want to show too much things in one episode. I'd listen to alpha proto, it's more focused, easier to follow.
And you probably have done it already, but watch as much batman flick you can, cartoons and movies, good and bad, to see what works and what doesn't.
I'd love to give you a hand, I just love being on sets, but I also live 2000 miles away unfortunately. I was professionally formed to Photoshop CS6 though, if needed.
Good luck :)

One thing about episode one if I may : the clue batman found and linked to Black Mask seems a bit too easy, something the the CSI crew could do too. It should be a bit harder to find and to establish a connection, more clever. Take a look at "sherlock" (bbd) and "elementary" (cbs - i think), to illustrate what I mean. Other than that, I'm no professional even if it's in my field of study too, but you have to be careful about how your scenes follow each other, right now it seems to be a little bit too "dispersed". I think you want to show too much things in one episode. I'd listen to alpha proto, it's more focused, easier to follow.
And you probably have done it already, but watch as much batman flick you can, cartoons and movies, good and bad, to see what works and what doesn't.
I'd love to give you a hand, I just love being on sets, but I also live 2000 miles away unfortunately. I was professionally formed to Photoshop CS6 though, if needed.
Good luck :)

The reason why it's too easy, is because Black Mask wanted batman to find out it was him, the cops could have found the material, but it would have took them too long to match it too him or even find out where he was. These overviews are subject to change, so I might make it harder when it finally gets to the script, thanks for the suggestion :)

With the episodes, having "too much, too tightly", is because of the probability of them being only 20 or so minutes long, if it was a full hour program, then it would be easily feasible to have all of the content transpire, when I get to writing the actual script for each episode, I'll go through, and make sure that the pace of each episode works for it, again, thanks for the questions, it's how I know people are interested in this enough to ask "why?" :D

-Seth

Is this making any growth or dare I say are we breaking out the proverbial pitchfork? Came back to check on the status and no new updates in like a week in a half after a strong start so what is the status Seth?

I was about to ask if anyone had even read the second story overview today :p

Work and Life have been taking over my free time to handle/move forward on this, I'll post up in a bit everything I've got at the moment (not much, but something more than what's up) thanks for checking in, I'm sorry for bringing the pitchforks into this :p

-The Armorer

Oh no I am glad there are no pitchforks in this right now...I came back and saw nothing new from anybody since I last checked the thread and my first thought was "Oh no" do your thing man and update when you have a moment to relax.

Also I did get a chance to read over the second episode and I enjoyed it. I think the Catwoman bit at the end would be a perfect almost no budget way to run a screen test and play with some filming options. Just a suggestion on my part for what it is worth.

Now only if I can find actors... I've got a phone with a good camera and recorder (not great, but better than what I had :p so I may begin playing around sometime with it).

Also I've began watching several batman fan films, City of Scars by Bat in Sun films is pretty amazing, actually all of their work is, but that one is their best IMO, it has a story, and a moral to the story, it leaves you with a feeling that it was worth watching it and that's what I want for this, I just hope I can find someone(s) willing to accomplish the same thing :)

-Seth

Did you happen to find out if you have a local public access station as I suggested way back. Most of the equipment they tend to have is donated by local news stations and users you can get loaner gear that will blow a cell phone out of the water. Sometimes they also have filming space/computers for editing with software.

As for actors run a local casting call and run script read take what is workable and give it a go. Worst case is you have some good laughs...You got any local theaters or colleges nearby? Drama students love this stuff not only for portfolio reasons but gives them an outlet. I just finished doing some work for my local community college helping film/drama students with their final projects. I'm here to help you Seth however I can. :)

Hey, I just got back in the neighborhood, so how have things been going. XD I see you have a script up. Can't wait to read it.

Did you happen to find out if you have a local public access station as I suggested way back. Most of the equipment they tend to have is donated by local news stations and users you can get loaner gear that will blow a cell phone out of the water. Sometimes they also have filming space/computers for editing with software.

As for actors run a local casting call and run script read take what is workable and give it a go. Worst case is you have some good laughs...You got any local theaters or colleges nearby? Drama students love this stuff not only for portfolio reasons but gives them an outlet. I just finished doing some work for my local community college helping film/drama students with their final projects. I'm here to help you Seth however I can. :)

Yeah, I actually forgot about that (smacks forehead, don't worry, sticky note is on the computer to remind me now ;) ).

The problem is, I'm kind of in between a rock and a hard place (I'll explain more if it's necessary, but it's car related :/ ), so first the car problem, then I'll be able to afford to buy the props for the trailer or teaser (it shouldn't be much, I think it would be fine for the most part just buying an arkham asylum cowl and a cape, for the most part there isn't anything to unique that will cost a lot, just things people should have on hand.)

And I need finished episode scripts before I go with the casting calls, as well as filming restrictions in my area, but thanks again for more inspiration, it helps :)

Hey, I just got back in the neighborhood, so how have things been going. XD I see you have a script up. Can't wait to read it.

Well, I haven't got all of it done, but the overview for episode 2 is done. Hopefully more to come soon with those ;)

-

Hey I just read the first script and a bit of the second. They sound awesome. XD that was actually quite a lot since I haven't been here for a long time.

I noticed you said you were ranting over the movie and budget thing people were still talking about. Don't worry about people posting that type of advice. It's natural. Not because they're trying to help. But because most people only really read about 1/4 of the first post for projects like these and maybe one or two post afterward. So I would just consider them like late second post. Plus this thread is getting pretty long, so try to keep the first post updated for the newbies convenience and so people aren't posting things you've already talked about. And of course you could always go this route XD

mofoyh4au3.gif

Just kidding don't post that XD

Yeah, I'm saving that pic for when I get trolled lol

Thanks, yeah, I really do need to update the OP... I just heard a bell and subtitles appear in my vision "Quest added: Update OP" XD sorry, I'm kind of in a wierd sense of humor right now, I'll update it when I can ;)

I'm glad you like the second episode, my favorite part is the chattering teeth :p

-Seth

LOL ahhh yes the chattering teeth we go back long ago... that and batarangs XD

The bell and subtitles normally come up when I'm looking for food.

Are you making the Arkham Batman cowl from papercraft? That file was HUGE!!! I wanted to do Azrals gauntlet.

LOL ahhh yes the chattering teeth we go back long ago... that and batarangs XD

The bell and subtitles normally come up when I'm looking for food.

Are you making the Arkham Batman cowl from papercraft? That file was HUGE!!! I wanted to do Azrals gauntlet.

Probably not, if I were to put that much work (pep, resin, glass, mold, cast) then I may as well make the whole suit and the cowl I would want which would be a faceplate with fabric stretched over it and connecting the the cape, much like the arkahm batman's was.

I was thinking of just purchasing one, hopefully that wouldn't be too expensive... but it probably will be:confused

-The Armorer

I was messing around with autodesk and this is what I've came up with:

Joker
jokerblackamdwhite_zps2dd96be7.jpg

(with bio!):

The Joker, branded with a tattooed smile on his face and a abnormally pale complexion as well and dark heavy eyes, wasn't taken as a serious threat by Batman when he first appeared in headlines claiming to demand the batman's identity or the deaths of 30 public water works employees. After the Gotham P.D. found the bodies, batman began hunting down Joker, finding no clues as to his identity or motives.

Joker, always carries a card of jokers, some of which he has used as calling cards, or as weapons, some tipped with a poison 'laughing' syrum (liquid form of laughing gas). His purple suit and pants, matched with his green hair, gives the appearance of a clown, though Joker's unbelievable reflexes and fighting technique and unfathomable depth of an evil soul is nothing to laugh at, as Joker is one of Batman's most intriguing and deadliest oponants he has ever faced.

Bane
bane_zpsbeb470ee.jpg

The myth of the masked mercneary known as Bane came from south America, claiming of an unimaginably strong bodied and minded man with no equal, who struck fear into all that saw him. The rumors seem to outnumber the man, and many do not believe in his existance, mostly due to his lack of mainstream media appearances/coverage.

The contraption around Bane's face, arms, legs, and back, after analysis concludes to be a machine administrating inhalent and fluid forms of steriods. The inhalent form is a mixture of a highly degenerative, even acidic, 'Venom' type steroid mixed with the pressence of pressurized pure oxygen which is kept along with the venom in the tank on his back.

Venom. Venom is a chemical created during the cold war by comunists under Castro's reign, which main functions were to create a 'truth' syrum, affecting the adrenaline, muscular, and cyrebral areas of the body. Due to the high doses of adrenaline, the subject would lose most control of his mind, except through basic bodily functions, and the muscular functions would be subject to involuntary twitches, rendering the subject unable to fight back, then to keep the subject from becoming mentally retarded, or having a stroke, a few chemicals were administered to calm the brain's function (without clerifing them) to result in the first answer that came to the subjects mind, almost always the truth.
Venom in itself, proved to be inadequette, more often than not causing stroke, heart failure, rapid progressing auto imune diseases, even to the point where the subjects bodies would completely shut down. It is unknown how Bane has been able to withstand the obvious pain inducing venom. Some speculate that it's a different dirivitive of Venom, or that it's Bane's high mental copasity, but as Bane has never been aprehended there has been no prooven either theory.

It is still unknown how much disfigurement the venom has caused the merc as he has never been seen without the hood that enshrouds his face.

The only thing that is certain or confirmed about him, is that there has been no one to match his skill in hand to hand combat. He has even gone to the lengths of the earth to find his equal, and even the remotest parts of the world know of him, Bane.

-The Armorer

So.... Do I take it as, nobody likes the concept art? Or no one likes the project?...

(to self: I bet there would be more traffic through here if I put up Harley Quinn or Catwoman artwork :p )

-Seth

So.... Do I take it as, nobody likes the concept art? Or no one likes the project?...

(to self: I bet there would be more traffic through here if I put up Harley Quinn or Catwoman artwork :p )

-Seth

In many cases, including this one, I believe that to be so :lol

But the concept art is so amazing! Especially love Bane!

I've noticed in your description of the Joker, he always carries a pack of joker cards with him. I had created a thread a long time ago about having my cards custom printed. I could point you in the right direction, if you are stuck :)

In many cases, including this one, I believe that to be so :lol

But the concept art is so amazing! Especially love Bane!

I've noticed in your description of the Joker, he always carries a pack of joker cards with him. I had created a thread a long time ago about having my cards custom printed. I could point you in the right direction, if you are stuck :)

I would probably go cheap for the cards, but to have them custom printed would definitely be a + for production value! Though things still aren't in production (and really not even pre-production) I wouldn't mind a link to a dealer.

A big thank you about the art, it's not much, just something I sketched up quickly, but I should have some more sometime this week (maybe even those catwoman and Harley concepts ;) :p )

-The Armorer

I would probably go cheap for the cards, but to have them custom printed would definitely be a + for production value! Though things still aren't in production (and really not even pre-production) I wouldn't mind a link to a dealer.

A big thank you about the art, it's not much, just something I sketched up quickly, but I should have some more sometime this week (maybe even those catwoman and Harley concepts ;) :p )

-The Armorer
No problem!

The cards I had made are actually really cheap, but excellent quality!
Here's the dealer, and the product page: Custom Cards

Each set is 54 cards, so you'll have plenty :)

Re: Batman Fan Film Discussion. Updated 3/2/ with Concept Art

Thanks! Link saved, I might have to begin prototyping designs for Joker's cards now ;)

-Seth

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back