Batman & Batgirl budget build (updated cowl 8/19/12)(pic heavy)

Re: Dark Knight WIP budget build pic heavy(..thigh armor almost done)

Great build! Beside elastic straps, how will the loose portions of the "Anti slip mat" stay on your body?

Great build! Beside elastic straps, how will the loose portions of the "Anti slip mat" stay on your body?

good question. i'm hoping about three elastic straps will hold the thigh armor in place and the loose portions....hmmmm, well... probably velcro or duct tape (hehe), or trim/cut it off....will figure something out when i test fit the thighs with the straps...will show pics of how it'll look.:)

Omg! That suit is soo awesome and creative, if you start making another one, I may be interested in buying it, TDK suits are expensive =(. Congratz!!

1) awesome!
2) How do you shape the cardboard? Curvature I mean. I guess more specifically I should ask is there any special technique that you use to curve the cardboard?

1) awesome!
2) How do you shape the cardboard? Curvature I mean. I guess more specifically I should ask is there any special technique that you use to curve the cardboard?

Thanks..

thats two cardboard pieces glued together, one is slightly smaller in shape than the one underneath. bend both pieces to desired curvature then glue together , wait for pva glue ( while holding it in the shape) to set and it should hold the curvature. when dry, seal the edges of the cardboard with more pva/elmer's glue so the ply will not separate. brush cardboard with glue wash ( glue thinned with water) so paint will stick better.:)

did a **** poor attempt at a pair of boots...

DSC09082-1.jpg

rubber boots...

DSC09084.jpg

cut it up...

DSC09086.jpg

made these parts (yoga mat)...

DSC09085.jpg

straps out of duct tape and velcro...

DSC09087.jpg

DSC09088.jpg

DSC09089.jpg

not too happy about it ...but it'll have to do...this is a budget build after all:)
comments? suggestions?

thanks for looking

I like what ya did /w/ th' boots usin th' inside texture an that pad ta create a different look very creative bra.

laugh it up furball!!!! sent from my T- Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk.

Re: Dark Knight WIP budget build pic heavy(...boots made)

I like what ya did /w/ th' boots usin th' inside texture an that pad ta create a different look very creative bra.

thanks...borrowed those concepts from BatTexan on the boots he did for the batgirl..( his boots were awesome, mine....:rolleyes...well...its ok i guess,)

Re: Dark Knight WIP budget build pic heavy(...boots made)

did some modifications to my gauntlets...

from this..
DSC09029.jpg

to this...
DSC09095.jpg

DSC09094.jpg

DSC09097.jpg

comments? suggestions?

thanks for looking:)

Re: Dark Knight WIP budget build pic heavy(...gauntlets modified)

this stuff looks amazing! especially seeing as its mostly duct tape :D the gauntlets are especially awesome, great job!

Sweet build so far dude! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Awesome build considering the materials. I have been looking to buy a tdk suit or parts for it for a while. But have had no luck in getting parts for a good price so now I have started researching and I'm getting closer to building my own. Fun to follow your build

Lovin ' th' new gauntlets awesome build keep it up bra.

Awesome build considering the materials. I have been looking to buy a tdk suit or parts for it for a while. But have had no luck in getting parts for a good price so now I have started researching and I'm getting closer to building my own. Fun to follow your build

Thanks bro,if batman suits were readily available here i would have probably saved up and bought some pieces, but over here one can only order online or abroad ( use of credit card will be seen by the mrs. :lol and that will be the end of my batty ideas), so ...rummaged through the storeroom ( buy things that might be deemed appropriate for use) and built my own budget friendly TDK. this build has been a great stress buster after being stuck in the office the whole week, i look forward to weekends to try to complete it before Halloween. ...so come on and jump into the DIY bandwagon. (btw i also built a 7 1/2 ft. transformers bumblebee costume a while back...using discarded items as well:))

Those gauntlets look mighty fine if I do say so myself :)

Finally, a cool looking rubber boot. That's funny and clever.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back