Barricade from Transformers 1 in parked across the street from my work!

Cool!

Now I really hope they didn't tear up a GNX. That looks, hopefully, like they took a stock Regal and made it look like a clone GNX.

Where exactly is the parking garage and is it still there? I'm thinkin about makin the short drive over if it's in Miami. Did you have to ask the owner for permission or what??

It's at the Trump Sonesta Resort , about 181st and Collins Avenue. It's about 2 floors up on a ramp in the garage. Yes it's still there. You can probably ask the valet guys to show you where it is. It's parked with one of Jeff Gordon's wrecked nascars, a buick from Fast and the furious and some other weird looking vehicles. He's got some really cool cars all throughout the garage and also has a museum on the floor below where Barricade is parked. Maybe you can find someone there to show you the museum. It's generally not open for anyone to just walk in.

Some pics of the Vin Diesel car

P1080033.jpg

P1080035.jpg

P1080036.jpg

P1080037.jpg

P1080034.jpg

Here is the car in action

buick-gn-1VINDIESEL.jpg

Last edited:
He also has what I believe is the original Chitty Chitty Bang bang car. It was partially covered but it looked like it. I also found out he purchased a batmobile.. unsure which one yet.

I saw someone driving something like this down Hollywood Blvd a few months ago... Apparently had a MASSIVE sound system in it since you could hear it coming a block away... I'm surprised it didn't bounce on it's side. :cool It was kind of cool seeing it drive by.

Nice motors !
I think there are 4 'real' Chitty's BTW. A couple were driveable 'for real' but the others were built more for the sfx shots......there is a guy up in Cumbria, UK, who runs 'Cars Of The Stars'
http://www.carsofthestars.com/

who has one I believe too....and a Batmobile....;-)

Now, after your photo session, your arse left a clean spot on Barricade- your gonna have to clean it all now. ;-)

*drool*

so, i know next to nothing about cars. when the first movie came out, i was thinking about getting a new car and thought "ooh, barricade is pretty. maybe i'll get one of those... but what's a saleen? never heard of them..."

then i went online, and my barricade owning dreams were shattered!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back