Bandai Y-Wing Starfighter

That's weird... they pull up on my browser if I click the attachment... I'll try again by putting them in separate posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying this one more time:

WP_20160208_01_11_54_Rich_LI.jpgWP_20160208_14_56_31_Raw_LI.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A couple more:

WP_20160208_14_54_27_Rich_LI.jpgWP_20160208_14_57_17_Raw_LI.jpg

Hopefully these show up ok...lol

I've got all the piping painted... phew! That was neck wrenching...lol. I'll post a progress picture when I get back home later this morning. I received my Tie Interceptor and 1/48 Snow Speeder kits in the mail, so I was playing around with them. Anyway, thanks, all, for looking and I hope you enjoy this build thread!

-Kris

Got a little caught up with other builds, but I did order a photo etch and masking kit from http://www.greenstrawberry.cz/

Check out the detailing that I'll be able to do!

Y-Wing-10.jpgY-Wing-6.jpgY-Wing-4.jpg

I ran across the website in another thread here and the guys are really nice there. Prices were terrific with free shipping, to boot! I can't wait to get it in and finish up this Y-Wing. I'm going to make it as close as possible to this one here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257232

-Kris

Yeah, their stuff looks great. They have some more kits in the works, and I'm looking forward to that. I'll be sure to document the kit when I get it.

-Kris

There is an idea of the owner to produce PE sets for all Bandai kits (where it would be usefull). Currently there are some new sets for Tie fighters in progress.

And one humble question for all for Tie fighters - do you prefer the preparation for LEDs in the cockpit or it makes no sense to put the lights inside ?

Sorry for small off-topic...

There is an idea of the owner to produce PE sets for all Bandai kits (where it would be usefull). Currently there are some new sets for Tie fighters in progress.

And one humble question for all for Tie fighters - do you prefer the preparation for LEDs in the cockpit or it makes no sense to put the lights inside ?

Sorry for small off-topic...

I would love to light the inside of one of the Bandai tie fighters. Only reason I didn't on my last one was because I didn't have any lighting gear. Now I do so being able to do that more easily would be a welcomed thing.

Thanks for asking!

-Kris

Great job on that kit thus far! I did not know about Green Strawberry for the photo etch, wish I did at the time I started this last Fall. I will probably get their vents for the Bandai Falcon in the future.

These Bandai Kits are the most detailed retail kits I've ever had the pleasure to work on since the old MPC days in 1977 when I build Darth's TIE fighter as my first-ever Sci-fi model.

Got back into the model hobby just last year and have the Bandai T-65, T-70, Force Awakens Falcon, Captain Phasma, Fett, & TIE fighter.

I've only finished the Y-wing completely at the moment, working on Phasma now and Fett is half done.

This is my Y-wing completed:

Y-WingFin8.jpg
Y-WingFin9.jpgY-WingFin7.jpgY-WingFin10.jpgY-WingFin.jpgY-WingFin6.jpgY-WingFin3.jpgY-WingFin4.jpg

Fantastic work on that Y-Wing, INVAR! I like the cockpit mods you've done. I really need to get to work on finishing mine... All these other models I'm doing are taking up my extra time.

-Kris

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back