Bandai release schedule

If any company can make a good looking AND poseable General G. figure, it would be Bandai.

Given what they've proven they can do with the battle droid figure, there's no reason they couldn't do a fully articulated GG. It also gives me hope that one day they'll also do an Imperial probe droid.

Just when I thought Bandai could not possibly get any better!...........BAM!!!

THIS is why I would walk past any other brand to buy their kits!..... I only hope and prey that they start producing kits in all genres so I never again have to spend hours upon hours trying to hide horrible gaps and trying to add detail that should already be there!

BANDAI RULES!

Thomas

Just when I thought Bandai could not possibly get any better!...........BAM!!!

THIS is why I would walk past any other brand to buy their kits!..... I only hope and prey that they start producing kits in all genres so I never again have to spend hours upon hours trying to hide horrible gaps and trying to add detail that should already be there!

BANDAI RULES!

Thomas

Preach. I love their Star Wars kits, and I'd go to heaven if they started doing Trek kits again.

...so I never again have to spend hours upon hours trying to hide horrible gaps...

The panel lines in their X-Wings and Y-Wings due to molding for separately color pieces?

I agree Bandai has the best toolings to date for Star Wars stuff, and the figure lines have been amazing, but the over-engineering of seperately molded color panels on the 1/72 stuff rather than just relying on stickers/decals is very frustrating.

I skipped filling gaps on my X-wing and instead built it, then painted it and regret it every time I look at it

I did do this with the T-70, but had a hard time not screwing up the details.

Same with the yellow parts on the Y-wing

I prefer Fine Molds engineering as far as the 1/72 kits, but Bandai's detail quality

While their parts break down for the colored plastic is unconventional outside of Bandai, I have found it no less distracting than any other plastic model kit. And I've built one or two of them...:D

2n6vz45.jpg

2ut14py.jpg

11wa634.jpg

2wofuyw.jpg

I've seen some people who want Droideka kits in Japan too. So I'm curious. If you can choose one either Droideka or Probe droid, which one would you all want?

I've seen some people who want Droideka kits in Japan too. So I'm curious. If you can choose one either Droideka or Probe droid, which one would you all want?

I'll go with droideka, especially if Bandai can figure a way to make it transform into a rolling configuration. That being said, I think the probot would be a better seller among older fans here in the U.S. I, of course, would buy them both in a heartbeat!

PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID....PROBE DROID.........

.please

J

The thing that makes me really excited about this tiny falcon is the ANH landing gear configuration. Currently my favorite version of that is the old die cast one from the 70's

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

If we get a Probe Droid before I have a Blockade Runner I will stop buying Bandai models!
Has there ever been a kit of the Block runner? Seems like a huge missed opportunity. Would love to have one.

I have a Blockade Runner electric toy about 10" long I like just because it's the only representation I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The X-wing miniature game released a good sized metal Blockade Runner a while back. Some mentioned it was inaccurate, however it makes a nice display piece.

TazMan2000

Has there ever been a kit of the Block runner? Seems like a huge missed opportunity. Would love to have one.

I have a Blockade Runner electric toy about 10" long I like just because it's the only representation I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree,....I've done this rant before,.....everyone knows that the Blockade Runner was supposed to be 'The Pirate Ship' in Star Wars,....they spent a third of the model making budget on that one model......it later was modified into the Blockade Runner.....

It has been in ROTJ,.....& the Prequels,....cartoons.....possibly in Rogue One

What size would it be compared to the 1/350 Falcon......would that be a reasonable scale?

Joe Johnston sketch;

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 12.03.49.png

...although,....things got messed up in ROTJ????

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 12.07.17.png

The canon length of a BR is 126.68m,....the Falcon is 34.75 m,....so is roughly 3 1/2 the size of the BR......so 1/350 would be a nice size of a model

J

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the large retconned blockade runner. It doesnt make sense. Those nubs on the bottom of the ship are clearly supposed to be the escape pods.

And whenever we see people standing next to a docked on on rebels, it isn't nearly that size.

For that matter, star wars has never had star ship scale look right when we actually see people next to it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back