Bandai release schedule

I think this thread can be closed, at this point... :rolleyes:
901 GIF

I think this thread can be closed, at this point... :rolleyes:

What's the point in closing the thread? It's still a valuable resource. Bandai has slowed down incredibly on the SW line but information shows that they still possess the license. In truth there is not a lot to model in the modern SW TV shows that would be a huge seller. Yes, there's Mando's new ship, but fans are still lamenting about the Razor Crest so perhaps releasing his new ride wouldn't be a great decision now...until the next season. Plus, like edge10 'stated', "Never give up". Star Wars is a money maker, so I'm sure that Bandai will still want a piece of the action...when there is action.

If the Bandai SW line is dead, then that is that. People will eventually stop posting here and then after a few years this thread will be archived on it's own. I don't go to your threads and ask them to be closed, based on my opinion.

TazMan2000

Disclaimer, I am not saying definitively that Bandai is not going to be making anymore Star Wars stuff

There is no official statement or proof

It is however hard to find any news period on a release schedule. Sellers like BigBadToyStore and other places still have stuff listed for pre-order so clearly they have no official word either

So business as usual essentially, it is just that Bandai's bread and butter as far as modeling right now is Gundam stuff and everything else is just taking a back seat

I'm curious how difficult it would be to rework their 1:144 X-Wing dies/decals to give us a two-pack of Carson Teva's and Trapper Wolf's ships from "The Passenger" and later... Good way of getting mileage out of an already-existing kit, re-contextualized for the current hot property.

It wouldn't be difficult at all to package their 1/144 X-Wings as Teva and Wolf's ships. It would just be a new decal sheet. I'd love to see some updated "The Mandalorian Edition" kits of the X-Wings (with new markings for those ships,) the Speeder Bikes (in white plastic, maybe with a 1/12 Grogu-in-a-bag) and various Stormtroopers. Those are all kits they could repackage as "new" kits, with just new markings or different color plastic. Hasegawa has been doing it for years.

Just returned from Japan. Some Mandalorian Boba Fett kits (we talk about 2 - 3 kits per store at max) but that's about it! Really, that's it! Compared to the stacks of Tie Fighters and X-Wings from a few years back, that almost reached the ceiling (not kidding) this was really disappointing but what was interesting: Stormtroopers, R2, 3PO, Super Star Destroyer and a few other kits are really really sought after. Talked to a few people and a friend of mine and they all name dropped those. You will find them here and there at Mandarake stores and if you're lucky at some random Book Off for reasonable prices but that's it. Not sure what is going on at Bandai but a friend of mine, being into the whole Gunpla thing, told me Bandai recently had issues with producing kits for that line as well (despite Gunpla being more ubiquitous in Japan than Pigeons in Italian cities). So... maybe it'll pick up again at some point.

At the risk of dancing close to the political side of things, I wonder how much has to do with all the recent tensions with China, to the point that Japan is remilitarizing for the first time in more than half a century. Much of their manufacturing has also been in China, and I can see them trying to reverse that...

For what it is worth, my BBTS pre-order of the 1/72 Y-Wing from June of last year is getting ready to ship so it looks like Bandai is doing another run of them. Not sure what else might be coming

For anyone looking for these, now is the time

They are on Amazon currently for $39 with free shipping. I am sure they will be popping up elsewhere as well, but probably won't last long

Also looks like the Tie Fighter, Slave-1, and X-Wing are all back to normal prices as well.

For what it is worth, my BBTS pre-order of the 1/72 Y-Wing from June of last year is getting ready to ship so it looks like Bandai is doing another run of them. Not sure what else might be coming
My order of my Bandai 1/72 Tie fighter has been in a holding pattern for like 9+ months, every month it updates that the current month will be the delivery date lol. This is off the BBTS site, I'm hoping your sign a signal that things are moving again!

My order of my Bandai 1/72 Tie fighter has been in a holding pattern for like 9+ months, every month it updates that the current month will be the delivery date lol. This is off the BBTS site, I'm hoping your sign a signal that things are moving again!
I saw the tie on amazon yesterday for $35 I think (that is right around the suggested MSRP)

Does anyone still make the replacement guns for the 1/72 Y-Wing?

There used to be a brass barrel set available from this site https://www.scale-modelling.com/ (apparently no longer around) whose owner had a user account on KeeperOfTheForce (no longer around) which had the brass guns, but they are long out of production now. Not aware of any other maker wo has popped up since

I was lucky enough to snag a couple sets back in the day, but that only covered two of my three Y-Wings.
Really would love to see these available again

Although the Bandai ones do match the full size set, they are quite a bit different size wise from relative to the filming model proportions

on the left is the brass upgrades while the right is the stock Bandai plastic parts

Might be best to look on for some 3D stls for printing at this point. Good luck

1685029592947.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back