Back to the Future II Remastered 2015

That would be a fun experiment for sure-- inserting 'real' 2015 Michael J Fox into the movie-- it would definitely be something that's never been done before.
A few years back, I actually felt the same way about TimeCop (with Van Damme)

Steve Jobs would beg to differ. Remember how crazy it was to see giant flat screen tvs in movies? I remember waiting for video phones and then suddenly BOOM there they were. Or the idea of everyone having small phones (be it in a watch or what have you). Ipads, Iphones , the internet and modern home video games would look like magic to the eyes of a 1985 citizen. One thing that does match is the people of 2015 in BTTF seemed to care about the environment - by the way the Clock Tower Square looked compared to 1985.

I remember - It was in 1989 (at the end of my school time), when I said to a classmate:

"One day we will have a Walkman, where you can copy one whole music album onto a small chip. They will call it 'Chipman'!"

That was a slight understatement! Today we have "MP3 Players", the "Chip" is called "Micro SD Card" and you can copy thousands of albums onto just one small card. That's more "future" than I ever had expected.

The problem, why we don't see, that we ARE in the future now, is because all changes crept up very slowly. I am convinced that if we would travel from today to 1985, we would feel like Marty at his travel to 1955.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a good idea to reshoot any of the scenes. The fact that Marty is his older self, and his daughter, and Shamus, is intended to be amusing.

What I would like to see them do though is improve some of the effects. For example, the poor bluescreen when Marty and Doc are standing in the flames. They could digitally correct that to me more convincing. Same with the smoke when Doc flies away from the Train with Clara. And there is a point where the delorean is hovering behind Biff's car and you can see the castor wheels holding it up. Those could be digitally edited out as well.

Actually there is one scene I'd like to see them redo entirely. The bit where the delorean appears on the train tracks back in 1985. I always thought that shot was really badly done. It totally looks like a model, and it's just not a good camera angle.

Leave it the way it is. Bttf is pure gold, all the flaws included. Change anything is like change history.

The only thing I'd want them to fix is the very obvious cut from the scale model DeLorean to the actual car when it's landing at Hilldale, and maybe a couple of other parts with the scale model where it just doesn't look real.

The only thing I'd want them to fix is the very obvious cut from the scale model DeLorean to the actual car when it's landing at Hilldale, and maybe a couple of other parts with the scale model where it just doesn't look real.

I knew exactly which shot you meant as soon as I read that!

While I'm a fan of leaving things as they are, IF they were to "fix" up anything, I'd like them to fix the Delorean as it lands in the alley of Courthouse Square. The exhausts on the Delorean they used for the landing rig look so miserably wrong, and it just bothers me every time I see it.
They could also do some slight cleanup on the split screen shots.

But I like movies to remain a product of their time, warts and all. That's the charm!

I'd like them to fix the Delorean as it lands in the alley of Courthouse Square. The exhausts on the Delorean they used for the landing rig look so miserably wrong, and it just bothers me every time I see it.

That was the fake fiberglass DeLorean. It has a lot of other details that are wrong too. There's also a similar changeover from the fake DeLorean to the real car later on when it lands in front of the Blast from the Past antique store, but there is a cut away to Old Biff and Marty Jr. that helps hide the transition.

Oh, I always just figured it was a different real Delorean. I guess the fiberglass was to make it lighter for the rig to lift?
When it's landing in front of the Black From The Past store, at least the vents come down over the lights (looks almost like they just tacked on the extra overhang), so it's *slightly* less bothersome.

The whole movie would have to get reshot. There's so many things inaccurate to where our technology has progressed. We're not even close to hovercars in every home.

It was a very interesting take on the future back in the day, but I say just leave it alone.

Yeah the movie is a classic, it would loose its charm... I kinda like the bad special effects back in the days. XD even if they are pretty decent in my opinion ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back