Any info on AT-ATRon?

I know that this has veered off course a bit from SS and the AT AT Ron, but since it's an interesting conversation piece, related to a SS subject....

While at WF Lorne Peterson did get to take a look at my big walker and did confirm what many of the #'s in the books indicate, that my walker (which is 2x SS) is a bit smaller than the big walker. By how much he did not indicate but that is was a bit smaller.

What i wanted to ask him but never got to is why they would make a walker that was a bit larger than 2x the walker they had on hand....it seems easier to do the math and just double something........missed opportunity i guess.

I have be redoing the body on my walker, the top at mid body was short by about 2mm, and the very butt end was too tall by about 8mm. Not big #'s but they did impact the angles on the body and change it's character a bit. Looking back at my notes i make a couple of simple math mistakes that made it's way into the build.....so even doing a simple 2x on the measurements i messed up!
mike

sweet. i'd put a down payment on the future release!
oh and mike- (off topic) im interested in getting an xwing V3 and possibly an antique viper from you. i sent an email to you through modelermagic but did not hear back. cheers

apologies for getting too far off topic but you are always better off PM'ing me here...a lot of emails from there get spammed.....
mike

As far as the future of the big walker....i will update that thread when i have something to show..

sweet. i'd put a down payment on the future release!
oh and mike- (off topic) im interested in getting an xwing V3 and possibly an antique viper from you. i sent an email to you through modelermagic but did not hear back. cheers

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back