Any DARK SHADOWS props out there?

UFO, could you please re-post the images? I just purchased a rather poor quality print from eBay and was very disappointed in the resolution of the image. I'd like to see how it compares to yours.

Thanks.

I would if i could, my barnabas painting is in storage right now packed away. If you post pics of yours i could look at it and see how it compares though.

I purchased a Dark Shadows 1991 Barnabas Letter to Victoria (repro) last month on ebay. Not as cool as the cane or music box, but it was a start to my new collection!

Now looking to get a cane as well:thumbsup

KB

It doesn't appear there'll be any prop replicas from the movie. Depp's Barnabas' ivory-handled cane is a good bit different from the original, and his onyx ring looks larger and slightly more elaborate. Given the film's poor box-office performance so far, I doubt any company would risk investing money in it.
I have the cane replica, and the ring that's sold at MPI Home Video. Bought the cane back in the early '90s, so it has the glass eyes.

I recently acquired this:
523060_4160196490113_1440063003_33766159_166769282_n.jpg

And I am going to replicate some of the movie prop stuff for a few clients. The cane wasn't entirely to my taste, because I feel like they decided to pick and choose which parts of vampire lore to use, and I think his aversion to silver was unnecessary. However,

******SPOILER ALERT*******

I thought it was kickass that his cane was the key to the family vault.

I had a '91 Barnabas ring, but I sold it a couple of years ago. I wasn't aware that Frid's original cane had glass eyes, that's interesting. Guess the latest maker didn't think anyone would notice that they were missing from their version; clearly they didn't leave them out in order to save the customer any money.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back