Any DARK SHADOWS props out there?

No stoning or locking you up in a crypt for a few hundred years. I enjoyed the Ben Cross version too.

I liked the new version in spite of Ben Cross. In an early TV Guide interview, he alienated most of his potential fan base by stating something along the lines of "I've never understood the sort of people who would form a fan club for a TV series..." :angry

Pompous git! :D

-Sarge

I watched Night of Dark Shadows last week. The only notable prop in that one is the painting of Angelique.

KC

I purchased that painting directly from lovely Lara Parker on her birthday: Oct 27, 2001. It was life size on Fuji paper and now hangs in a giant frame under anti-UV glass. Done at Chiller '01 in NJ.

Also got photos autographed by the other women of the show: Kathyrn Leigh Scott and Marie Wallace.

I purchased a print of 1966 Barnabus (limited to 500) at Chiller '01. Not yet framed b/c I've not found the right frame yet. Johnathan wasn't there, but the seller is a member of the autograph collector's society (or whatever it's called).

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9573&stc=1&d=1227329429

UFO: AWESOME portrait in excellent frame!

Where did you find the frame? Michael's or on line?
Would like to get same frame (it is 'close enough')

Last edited:
I think the real portrait is still a little bigger. Has anyone ever found out the actual size?

The really important thing is getting the most accurate artwork, then we can bring it up to an accurate size, and see about getting someone here like JHielman to run them out on that gorgeous, heavy artists canvas like his Time Bandits maps. :)

-Sarge

I think the real portrait is still a little bigger. Has anyone ever found out the actual size?

The really important thing is getting the most accurate artwork, then we can bring it up to an accurate size, and see about getting someone here like JHielman to run them out on that gorgeous, heavy artists canvas like his Time Bandits maps. :)

-Sarge

Ohhhh - I like the way you think Sarge.

I purchased a print of 1966 Barnabus (limited to 500) at Chiller '01. Not yet framed b/c I've not found the right frame yet. Johnathan wasn't there, but the seller is a member of the autograph collector's society (or whatever it's called).

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9573&stc=1&d=1227329429

I have that autograph print too. That print is NOT a reproduction of the painting from the series. It is an original portrait of Barnabas. I also have two 8x10s signed by Jonathan Frid and Ben Cross. The only other things I have are the ring and the cane. The CANES they make NOW are not exactly like the original. They don't have glass eyes. I have the correct version bought in the70's. The RING is the official version. I've been watching the DVD's of the show and the other day they showed a good closeup of the ring. The Ring is spot on to the screen version.

I have that autograph print too. That print is NOT a reproduction of the painting from the series. It is an original portrait of Barnabas. I also have two 8x10s signed by Jonathan Frid and Ben Cross. The only other things I have are the ring and the cane. The CANES they make NOW are not exactly like the original. They don't have glass eyes. I have the correct version bought in the70's. The RING is the official version. I've been watching the DVD's of the show and the other day they showed a good closeup of the ring. The Ring is spot on to the screen version.

I recently took a friend's cane and drilled out the eye sockets and inserted glass eyes. It was quite easy and took about 5 minutes.

There could be a lot of fun replica props from this show. Remember the hand of Count Petofi? The severed hand (with a ring on a finger) was carried around in an ornamental box. It scared the daylights out of me as a kid! :lol Also, lots of great portraits in the show, as others have mentioned. A couple I liked were the ones of Laura Collins (the Phoenix) and Josette.

Pumpernickel

What props are out there?

Someone on ebay is offering the painting on canvas. Just query DARK SHADOWS BARNABAS PORTRAIT 18x24 PRINT ON CANVAS.

Thanks! I bought the print and it's on a canvas type of material.
I'd recommend it for Dark Shadows fans.
Good likeness- just needs a frame like UFO has.

Thanks! I bought the print and it's on a canvas type of material.
I'd recommend it for Dark Shadows fans.
Good likeness- just needs a frame like UFO has.

Could you post a photo of this print? At least a closeup of the face would be nice, so we can get an idea of how good a likeness it is. Thanks.

Pumpernickel

If anyone is interested in a genuine oil painting, let me know. If I can get a good, clear photo of the original, I can reproduce the painting as a REAL painting for between $200 and $400 depending on the size.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I had started a barnabas painting a while ago - but I've never seen DS so my interest quickly passed to other things - if theres one person who can make good on his word, its Indy!

here you go:
barnabas.jpg

barnabas2.jpg

it took me FOREVER to find a frame that even closely matched the original... its not perfect, but its one of my favorite pieces....

UFO, could you please re-post the images? I just purchased a rather poor quality print from eBay and was very disappointed in the resolution of the image. I'd like to see how it compares to yours.

Thanks.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back