Another Alpha Meson From DW build

how much are the kits? it looks really good

Right now I'm still redoing the Tac Light. I F'd up the mold so I pulled a very bad resin copy and am cleaning it up to do another mold.
I'm not offering up the kits right now as I'm unfortunately busy with other projects at this time . But I will be trying to do a small run in a few months. So keep your eyes peeled.

Great job Variant!
I've got my Nerf scout torn apart, and just stumbled upon your thread.
I'll give mine a go, but would love another for my wife.
Cheers, Jeff

Just to let everybody know I will be redoing my molds in June so that I can offer Resin Kits for the Alpha Meson in June. I need to wait till after Phx Comic Con is done and then I will have time. I will be putting up an interest thread in the Junkyard once I have the the Masters reworked and ready to go. Thank you all for showing interest in my recreation of this piece. Cheers!

Not as of yet. I have Phoenix Comic Con in two days that I am vending at, then in June I have ACE I'll be vending at. After that I will be pulling a raw cast from my original mold, clean it up, fix the problems the original mold had, do a new mold and then I'll be offering up the kits. I'll be using Rebound 25 for the mold and will be looking at which smooth on resin to use. Wanted to use the black onyx but it sets to quickly. So hold on tight These will be coming. Cheers!

Just to tease everybody a little bit ;)
I pulled the final casting from the original mold and will be cleaning it up for remolding.
This will hopefully take place in July as I have to finish up a costume for my girlfriend for ACE later this month.

Was able to sneak some time in on this one. Starting all the filling and reworking of some of the details. Started carving out the back for the correct indent and switch detail. Had to cut off the front barrel as the front was misaligned from the first mold. Never rush a mold job, so many mistakes were made in haste. I'll be making a new barrel and attaching it shortly. Gonna be making the Tac-light hopefully tomorrow.
So this run will happen. When I get this puppy ready to mold I'll put up an interest thread and will only take money after I do the first test pull and make sure all the bugs are worked out before I start selling.
Cheers

Got the Tac Light fleshed out. Just need to do all the cleanup now. Still trying to figure out if I want to mold it separately or as part of the gun.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back