ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

hey Scott !

That is way cool.!

Thanks...

I guess you need to make the live fire TFA m712 next!
Don't think I want to be too close to that when tested !

Hey is there any way you can help me see you images I can't see 95% of the images you posted there just little icons that won't load. I would love to be able to fallow this thread and build my own DL44 but I feel lost I cant find the pictures I am looking for. Thank it'd be so nice to read this all the way through and know what yall are talking about!

-Thanks so much! Justin

I am so sad I got to this thread years late but when i take a machining class in college next year this build is defiantly going to be one of my projects. Also having seen this and being into the blaster and the c96 I noticed something in the force awakens I don't want to spoil it but if you like the DL 44 you'll love this little find. so please let me know once you seen it so I can see if you noticed the same thing I did.

As well due to everything being a limited run anyway I could get cad files and those greablies I'm still hunting for those posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks so much! Justin

Season's Greetings! Just a few pictures I took of my blaster the other day... makes for a great Christmas card doesn't it? Thanks everyone for making this Christmas special :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent work.

Im a first timer here so apologies if I'm breaking any rules (I've searched in the classifieds) but I'm looking to make my own ANH DL-44 but I'm having a terrible time sourcing the bits and bobs for it here in the uk.

Does anyone know where I can find some metal ANH parts that would ship to the UK?
imparticularly interested in the scope and mount.

Thanks.

Excellent work.

Im a first timer here so apologies if I'm breaking any rules (I've searched in the classifieds) but I'm looking to make my own ANH DL-44 but I'm having a terrible time sourcing the bits and bobs for it here in the uk.

Does anyone know where I can find some metal ANH parts that would ship to the UK?
imparticularly interested in the scope and mount.

Thanks.

Just look at at the first page for link to DEC. Daves metal kits build a great replica.
Look for his TFA Kit too.

Hey is there any way you can help me see you images I can't see 95% of the images you posted there just little icons that won't load. I would love to be able to fallow this thread and build my own DL44 but I feel lost I cant find the pictures I am looking for. Thank it'd be so nice to read this all the way through and know what yall are talking about!

-Thanks so much! Justin

thanks for the interest Justin.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=245243

link to a thread with some pics and link to photobucket.

The other images are not showing due to the imageshack account.

Just look at at the first page for link to DEC. Daves metal kits build a great replica.
Look for his TFA Kit too.
Thanks. I found the DEC site via here and Google.
I guess I'll have to wait until the next production run.
I'm chomping at the bit to get going.

For mine I'll be using an air pistol (C02), metal framed with blowback - not a air soft gun.
im hoping to keep the barrel as I want it to actually fire.
Movie accuracy would be ideal but I'm not going to stress over that too much.

For mine I'll be using an air pistol (C02), metal framed with blowback - not a air soft gun.
im hoping to keep the barrel as I want it to actually fire.
Movie accuracy would be ideal but I'm not going to stress over that too much.

You should be able to cheat the FH a bit to make the barrel sit even or slightly below (inside) the FH. Would look like the Luke stunt withe the barrel tip visible from the business end only.

You should be able to cheat the FH a bit to make the barrel sit even or slightly below (inside) the FH. Would look like the Luke stunt withe the barrel tip visible from the business end only.
Yeh, I was hoping to do that. I might have to take the front sight off but the plan was to have the FH sit slightly forward.
Or I might just take a few mm's off the very end of the barrel, that shouldnt effect the pellet/BB.
It won't be super accurate to the movie but, hopefully, it will be quite cool to plink with.

Just to warn, in cutting the barrel of a HFC Mauser, there's a separate, inner brass rod that is inside thee inside of the barrel, and it's not an exact fit. Cut down, it'll flop around and rattle inside the cut barrel, so I recommend affixing it in place w/ JB weld so you can still use it as an airsoft gun.

Ooh its not an air soft, it's a actual pellet firing gun, so it should have a one piece threaded barrel. BUT it's a xmas present so i haven't actually seen it yet, so I will definitely keep my eye out for that. Thanks for the heads up.
expect the unexpected etc...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back