ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

sure enough looks like more than one type of T track.

Nice... more variations! >_<

As long as these images are of original props. They seem to be. The ANH image is from an auction of the original Luke saber.

6a0105349ca980970c0105365755d8970b-800wi

looks like straight flat blade and rail and flat top to me.

Hi there,

Those pix of the ANH and ESB lightsabers were from the Gary Kurtz private collections and as such not certain weather used during production or replicated afterwards and thus some T-track was fabricated that looked the part though was not entirely screen-accurate as the ESB pic from the movieshot.

-Chaim

Hi there,

Those pix of the ANH and ESB lightsabers were from the Gary Kurtz private collections and as such not certain weather used during production or replicated afterwards and thus some T-track was fabricated that looked the part though was not entirely screen-accurate as the ESB pic from the movieshot.

-Chaim

Thanks for the reply.

If those "auctioned" props were not original/screen used, then the guys who spent $240,000 on it must be pisssssed!

My question would be, if they were not original, when were they made? If close to time of production, did they fabricate T track or find more to use?

Any really good CU of the screen used ANH Luke saber around?

Last edited:
...well whichever "shape" the HERO Track was, the general size is almost the same based on my checks of all the available reference material and Carsons sizing.

I am re-laying out the sight design, antenna placement etc based on the new found parts. When I can lay them on my model I will post pics.

Kpax,

Have you seen the RPF thread about Gino's T Track?

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Junkyard links outside of the Junkyard forum, thanks.

I had the same questions you did and there was lots of useful information there. Sym Cha, who responded above, also knows a lot and helped me when I was building a lightsaber.

Can't wait to see the result of all the hard work you guys have put into this!

Kpax,

Have you seen the RPF thread about Gino's T Track?

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Junkyard links outside of the Junkyard forum, thanks.

I had the same questions you did and there was lots of useful information there. Sym Cha, who responded above, also knows a lot and helped me when I was building a lightsaber.

Can't wait to see the result of all the hard work you guys have put into this!

I did see Gino's work. Thanks for the link.

I was wondering about those flat top versions and if they were film used or not and if not, why they are different if they were made about the same period.

Width an height are close enough either way.

I was trying to lay out the actual position of the antenna heads in relation to the FH and track width based on the new found parts.

I'd be curious to know how many people from the first DEC parts run installed the antenna and T Track. What about those of you getting parts from the soon-to-be-completed run? The perfectionist in me wants to get the replica prop as close to screen-used as possible, but aesthetically I think it looks better without it.

Also, what's it going to take to hit 100 pages here?!

I'd be curious to know how many people from the first DEC parts run installed the antenna and T Track. What about those of you getting parts from the soon-to-be-completed run? The perfectionist in me wants to get the replica prop as close to screen-used as possible, but aesthetically I think it looks better without it.

Also, what's it going to take to hit 100 pages here?!

I'm in the same boat.

I want to make it as close to screen used as possible and the conclusion I have come to is that the blaster as held by Solo til the end of the film and in post images have the ONE right antenna and glue residue...

Same condition as in the Cantina shot where you can make out a shadow of the one antenna heads.

It seems that "maybe" the rod was still in place on set due to the publicity shots depending on when those were taken.

So...

Do I make it with just the one head glued on... which will look silly when you inspect it... OR

Make it as it "was intended" or at least MY vision of how it was first made... which will at least look finished...OR

Leave it off completely!

I am probably going to make a casting of the pristine sight set- up and make a one antenna version as shown in the promo as well.

here is a composite - mirror image of the top view:

jves.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

by mirroring the top view barrel/ antenna area, and now knowing the size and shape of the antenna and that they have a hole in the top/front , you can now visualize the position and shapes better.

this is the latest sight set-up I have come up with based on the new antenna/pushrod found by Carson and the parts we made which are very accurate.

The sizes are close enough to tell the positions of the antenna heads.

If the real size pushrods are superimposed over the sized top view of the HERO the space between would not allow the antennas to be placed against the upright blade of the T Track.

o3sp.jpg

Anything is possible but I don't think the Track was put on crooked. They were sloppy but managed to get the MerrSonn's on straight.

If the T Track size is correct, and I checked Carson's against Gino's and compared them to the available images and they are close enough to each other that the width is as shown above.

I don't think it is possible to have the antenna sit on the track in that position.

The edge of the track does not show in the MerrSonn image at that angle and if they were on the track they would look very high.

- - - Updated - - -

...finally! :devil :D :cool

Happy One Hundred Pages Everyone!

so then I win with 100,50 and 248 ! :)

are the pages really numbered different? Never realized that.

Next landmark...2500 posts!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back