ANH / ESB Stormtrooper helmet / armour

Hey Paul, yep that's the fella.

It's been a while and I didn't take any photos of the trooper suit at Luton but I remember thinking straight away that it matched the look of the repros JJ had made, a lot like the one in that auction above. The helmet certainly looked the same. These suits featured on an episode of Blue Peter (UK BBC kids show) when the special editions came out.

Lee, I'm pretty sure however tha JJ does indeed have a real trooper suit of some kind (he had to have something to mould from after all) I saw it at another of his events in a large display cabinet, and I think it still had the remains of paper squibs taped on it in places.

Jeremy

Originally posted by gonk27@Dec 20 2005, 12:03 AM
and I think it still had the remains of paper squibs taped on it in places.
Jeremy
[snapback]1139573[/snapback]​

Thats what I heard. It was a stunt suit used for all the pyro stuff which is why Joiner thought it was Peter Diamonds ANH set. However PD said it wasnt as "his" had huge areas cut away from it to allow him to move/fall easier

Cheers

Jez

Here are my pics from Empire Day a few years back. Not amazing photos, but i think its the same guy you are all talking about.

Sorry for the delay.

Chewies gun, Empire crew jacket, and Cantina Creatures:

Ewok head baby ewok and C-3P0:

C-3P0 and lightsabre:

Zuckuss, Yoda stick, Gaffi stick, Taun taun horn, Trooper shoulder, Leias gun?, Imperial gunner:

Tie and X-wing helmets

LDR

Okay, I know this is WAY off topic, but in the list of original props was listed "Original Darth Vader costume from ESB".

Has anybody got pic's of this costume thay could share?

Alan.

Alan,
I didn't take photos of it, but there was a Darth Vader at the Empire Day. It was up stairs and not in a cabinet...and to my surprise no one was guarding it...a few times there was no one in the room at all with it. However this was years back and at the time all i knew was that it was Vader, no idea whether ANH, or ESB. Notice though that in the cabinets on the photos i took, alot of the stuff is on the list that was posted.

Originally posted by LDR@Jan 7 2006, 10:16 PM
Alan,
I didn't take photos of it, but there was a Darth Vader at the Empire Day. It was up stairs and not in a cabinet...and to my surprise no one was guarding it...a few times there was no one in the room at all with it. However this was years back and at the time all i knew was that it was Vader, no idea whether ANH, or ESB. Notice though that in the cabinets on the photos i took, alot of the stuff is on the list that was posted.
[snapback]1153379[/snapback]​

I thought the same about the Exhibtion in Luton.Some of the items were just hanging from walls etc.The main costumes were in a room that was empty most of the time.If i remember rightly the Vader was behind glass,although i cant be sure.Saying that, i was paying more attention to the stormtrooper costume :D .Every single bit of JJ's toy collection was behind secure glass though,and beleive me that is one hell of a collection.I have got to say that that exhibtion really made me want to collect Star Wars all over again and brought back many memories.

hate to interrupt, but does anyone have good photos of the Davidm and brianr helmets? i remember there were some really nice closeup shots of them posted here once

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back