AMT Slave One WIP

You've done a beautiful job so far!
The only thing i would critique, would be the "car seat" part you used. For some reason it doesn't look "functional". I would use some kind of piping instead. ? Just my opinion. :unsure

You've done a beautiful job so far!
The only thing i would critique, would be the "car seat" part you used. For some reason it doesn't look "functional". I would use some kind of piping instead. ? Just my opinion. :unsure

Thank you and thanks for the suggestion. I couldn't find a clear close-up of that part and couldn't quite tell what was going on there so I was looking for something that was relatively close. I didn't even think of using something simpler like piping. :behave

Here's a close-up of the area on the FM kit, this one built by ScreamingSamuraiStudio

2012-05-11232746.jpg

& here's the link to his build on scale model addict site:

The Fine Molds Slave-1: My entry for the 2012 SMA Spring Contest

J

Randy13 , Here we go, this is my idealistic version of the slave 1 so far? Although like you have mentioned in the above thread the ship has had modifications throughout the SW universe and their is very little knowledge of the cargo hold ? it varies very differrently in details and interior space from the 3D crossection book ,comics and CW as well. Now to get you a little more inspired, here are a few sample pics of the details I have gathered from freeze framing and zooming in the AOTC scenes. Oh one last thing the cockpit Im still debating on, I m either gonna make it rotate as you can see on the first pic or I might just keep the modified ERTL cockpit(2nd pic) wich is a smaller scale but fits well .

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing these pics Metallboy. What you've done to the cargo hold looks very nice, busy and functional. I also love the modifications you've don't to the cockpit. Both of them look great. These are giving me all kinds of ideas now. Also, I haven't even considered the SW comics as a source for Slave 1 interior details.

Thank you guys.:thumbsup Not much to report today because of a busy weekend. Today I’ll be going to the LHS to get some stuff for the build. Thanks for the link Plugs. I love that cross section and seeing that makes me with I could build a replica of that artwork. I still have more to do on the exterior before I start the challenging(but fun) interior. I’ll also need to keep in mind how I want to light the inside of this thing.

Thank you and I do have some updates to post. I just wasn't able to do it yesterday. Thanks for the nice push to keep me going:thumbsup

Update time.

I had printed out this picture of Slave 1 I found online. I apologize in advance for using this without permission if this photo belongs to someone on this forum.

100_4450.jpg

It just happens to be close to the same size as the model kit.

100_4451.jpg

This confimed that the guns in this kit are way too small.

100_4452.jpg

At first I tried to scratch build it with pieces of styrene.

100_4454.jpg

After some difficulty with that, I just went ahead and made it out of sculpey and a 1:72 tank part.

100_4455.jpg

Then I added some battleship parts with scraps of styrene.

100_4457.jpg

100_4458.jpg

100_4459.jpg

It may not be perfect but I'm happy with it.

Thank you guys! This really isn't a bad kit at all. It does have some fit issues but I think if this was just built "as is" out of the box, it would look pretty good if the paint job was sone right.

I'm looking forward to the primer too. After I get the hull glued together, some little details will need to be added. I also want to get some other parts done so I can spray primer on most of this at one time.

Thanks for looking.

Here are some pictures of the hull details. Things are just taped together for now. I will still have to putty/sand the big seam that joins the two parts of the main hull together. I also still need to change out my car seat part that tek2graphics pointed out so it can resemble something more like what Jaitea posted.

100_4483.jpg

100_4484.jpg

100_4485.jpg

100_4487.jpg

100_4488.jpg

100_4489.jpg

Wow, talk about a remake of that kit. Nice work! I especially like the new round parts holding the guns. They will make the look and proportions nice.

Painting one of these is fun, and needs a whole lot of fluid masking.

For scribing I use dymo tape and a sharp screwdriver that sits nicely in the hand.

Keep the pics coming. :thumbsup

Thank you very much guys. I'll be adding a few more details here and then tackle the wings. first, I'll have to think about how to make the changes I want to do on these wings. Regarding the painting, I want to thank masterjedi322 for helping me with some detailed info which will be a big help when it comes time for that.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back