American Sniper (Post-release)

The saddest thing is some of the websites and critics totally trashing the guy as a killer, racist, etc. Some of the comments are worse and see the terrorists as the good guys and this guy as a mass murderer. Freaking crazy. I'm not going to post links, but you can find them if you want.

Pretty pathetic.

There will always be folks who think this way. I'll never understand it. There is evil on this earth and sometimes you have to kill evil.

Luckily there are heroes that will confront this evil like Chris.

These folks often think their cool and smarter than the rest of us by putting down the USA and liberty.

I'm going to see it tomorrow night.

What a powerful movie! I have never felt so many emotions during a movie before. Unfortunately in theater,two high school girls next to me decided to talk during the entire thing and had no idea what the movie was even about. They were shocked by the ending and I just shook my head

Really great movie. What an amazing person.

Movies like this really make me feel proud for having served in the greatest Navy on the face of the earth. To know that I had the pleasure of serving in the same organization as heroes like Chris Kyle and Mike Murphy really hits me in the heart.

Wife and I saw it today. I knew some of the drama going into it and the real life outcome. It still was a solid performance by Cooper and a well made movie.

The saddest thing is some of the websites and critics totally trashing the guy as a killer, racist, etc. Some of the comments are worse and see the terrorists as the good guys and this guy as a mass murderer. Freaking crazy. I'm not going to post links, but you can find them if you want.
I saw the movie, i was'nt sure what to exspect. But in life no matter what situation good or bad, someone will be waiting at the side to trash talk for thier own misguided gratification. That being said, was he a racist and all that. I don't know, i did'nt know him. In my opinion he was a patriot and a hero. Yes his 4 tours had definately changed him and i would be affraid of anyone who would'nt be changed. But how many American soldiers got to go home because of his 4 tours. As a Canadian i was touched by the story and yes i googled the hell out of Chris Kyle after the show. Yes i beleive Chris Kyle is a hero, thought's go to his family...GM

I wanted to thank you for not posting.

There is always the lunatic fringe and I think with the 24 hour news cycle the lunatics get a much greater voice and attention to fill up air time.

Looks like the film crushed it this weekend. I hope this gives his family some condolence that we care and appreciate their sacrifice.

I didn't either. Too many folks are praising the story instead of the movie. As a film it falls flat. I keep seeing all these posts on Facebook about how it's the greatest movie ever. Eh...not so much.

I actually laughed at the scene where Cooper comes out with his cowboy hat on and they purposefully left it down so his face was covered and he could look up and have the big reveal. I saw it with my buddy who did two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and he wasn't that impressed with it either.

I finally saw the moviesst night, and boy, was it heavy. The movie did its job well in portraying Chris Kyle, and the events of that part of his life. More importantly, it was respectful to him and everyone else that was/ is over there. Bradley Cooper deserves every accolade that is thrown his way; Clint Eastwood also deserves enormous praise for the way he told Mr. Kyle's story. It brought back a lot of memories, watching that film.

What I hope mainstream audiences take away from this movie is that there are people that join the Military who genuinely want to protect The United States from evil. Evil that most pretend doesn't exist, but is fought against by rough men ready to do what is necessary.

You're now a true American!

It doesn't just take joining the service or liking the military to be a good American. But it's usually a good start.

I thought it was an excellent film. A bit by the numbers for some parts of the storyline but great nonetheless. When speaking of a fallen Soldier I would only wish to know things that either made him a great man or made him seem humble and down to earth, which was done just fine here. But now I must read his book to better understand his struggles. I am greatly disturbed by the fact that a fellow service member felt the need to end his life.

Great film . Really captured the feel of being over there . Especially the sand storm was dead on . I served two tours over there over there as an army infantryman and I'm a Purple Heart recipient . To me it illustrated what it was to be over there , and gave my wife an understanding some of my experiences visually . I'm glad it didn't shun away from anything and illustrated how evil the bad guys were . Let me tell you , they were real bad , and they would stop at nothing to kill you . Thumbs up to Clint Eastwood for making this film .

amazing movie, anyone able to comment about the accuracy of his uniform/gear, I notice his helmet seemed too small is that how they fit or was it done to make Copper seem as big as the real Kyle?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back