Aliens Dropship helmet part ID help

wtyler3

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am slowly doing the dropship spunkmeyer helmet build, and was wondering if anyone has ever seen or ID'ed this part? I have attached the only picture I have seen of the undamaged helemt, every other picture has this knob missing. Does anyone have a different picture than this that might show what it looks like?

12012017_01 detail 1.png

12012017_01.jpg

It is black, seems to have grooves, and is about 1.5 times the height of the other knob. Reminds me of the knobs seen on the marine helemt camera and the other side of the dropship helmet.

Spunk 05.1.png

Last edited:
Hi guys I’m now in the research and gathering of parts stage to make a spunkmeyer dropship pilot helmet. If anyone needs a greebly identified let me know and I’ll do my best to let you know .

Hi Riley1
Just curious, are you a member of the Alienslegacy forum? Every greeb from just about everything in the movie has been identified. They have some very comprehensive threads on the various costumes, etc.

Also, the greebs have been modeled, at least for the dropship helmets and the quality is near perfect to the original parts. I spent ALOT of money and time looking for model kits and camera parts, and comparing the modeled vs the original parts well, I could have saved a ton of money for sure, Identical.

Also, there is a guy on that site who sells complete molded versions of the sides. His are all molded from original parts put together. Another guy has the complete kit for Spunkmeyers second helmet mounted tracker sight.

I would love to see your helmets when they are complete!

Hi Riley1
Just curious, are you a member of the Alienslegacy forum? Every greeb from just about everything in the movie has been identified. They have some very comprehensive threads on the various costumes, etc.

Also, the greebs have been modeled, at least for the dropship helmets and the quality is near perfect to the original parts. I spent ALOT of money and time looking for model kits and camera parts, and comparing the modeled vs the original parts well, I could have saved a ton of money for sure, Identical.

Also, there is a guy on that site who sells complete molded versions of the sides. His are all molded from original parts put together. Another guy has the complete kit for Spunkmeyers second helmet mounted tracker sight.

I would love to see your helmets when they are complete!
I am a member of the ALF and I went down the buying casts route but decided to source original parts as well and use them . Two reasons, I’m having a lot of fun sourcing original parts and secondly in my opinion you can’t argue with the crispness of original parts. There are 3D files (from cults 3D) you can purchase which did intrigue me but for now my plan is do to use as many original bits as possible.
I will post some pics of progress when I start .
If you have any spare Robotech Axoid parts (the red kit) I’d gladly buy them off you
Thanks

I am a member of the ALF and I went down the buying casts route but decided to source original parts as well and use them . Two reasons, I’m having a lot of fun sourcing original parts and secondly in my opinion you can’t argue with the crispness of original parts. There are 3D files (from cults 3D) you can purchase which did intrigue me but for now my plan is do to use as many original bits as possible.
I will post some pics of progress when I start .
If you have any spare Robotech Axoid parts (the red kit) I’d gladly buy them off you
Thanks

riley1 - Gorgeous! Do you have a pre-paint photo (I always think those are more interesting, as they give more insight into the effort that's gone into the prop part).
I'm currently in the process of grinding out parts of my cast ear pieces and replacing with found parts, as some of the detail has been lost, and as you say, original parts are certainly crisper.

riley1 - Gorgeous! Do you have a pre-paint photo (I always think those are more interesting, as they give more insight into the effort that's gone into the prop part).
I'm currently in the process of grinding out parts of my cast ear pieces and replacing with found parts, as some of the detail has been lost, and as you say, original parts are certainly crisper.
There you go. I did a bit more to it on the left hand side after this pic as I wasn’t completely happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.jpeg
    IMG_0530.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
Reached the point of no return. Hopefully be working on cleaning up the left side and greeblies this week . Will post more pics when done .

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpeg
    IMG_0574.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
Cut and test fitted left side greebly part . Just an observation but the left hand lower quarter (6-9 on a clock face) where you need to fill the earpiece bulge how did anyone maintain access to the nut which hold on the microphone stalk which is directly in line with that section of the helmet that needs filling ?

Attachments

• IMG_0579.jpeg
    IMG_0579.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Adding pics of my progress. Been very slow... I am doing both version.

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1202.jpg
    IMG_1202.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 27
nice work. Are you using casts of the helmet detail for both sides. I am considering looking at the 3D printed version of the right hand side as there is a slight miscast on mine and there are added parts you can download eg the pump connector channels and the actual connectors themselves. Belvin parts are practically extinct . I’m enjoying looking at other people’s progress and am always amazed at people’s talent and patience. I watched a few of the videos shot by people of this years Wonderfest completion room , amazing .
Keep up the build progress .
Riley1

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back