Addison's Handlink (Quantum Leap 2022)

LeoCor Replicas

Finally made my first version of Addison's Handlink from the Quantum Leap sequel series. Proved to be a bit more difficult to do, as I made this using screen-grabs and materials I had on hand, but I think it turned out okay! The design is definitely a departure from the first series' Handlinks, but this one is definitely growing on me!

312315852_687147735800954_598293637952696240_n.png
312480827_857022175667140_2082498906857247719_n.jpg

How did you make it? Did you 3D print?
Nope! Just a basic puck light, with a clear ring from another larger, scrap puck light, a shower flange, washer, and a large clear bead.

I went over the clear cover on the puck light with a blue Sharpie to give it the proper blue look, and glued the washer over the larger hole on the flange, and glued the bead over the smaller hole in the washer. I covered the bead with some painter's tape, and spray painted it with some flat black primer, and carefully went over that with a light coat of bright coat aluminum paint, to give it a slightly anodized look (I did the same to the outer casing of the puck light). Then, I just glued to together!

I don't actually have a 3D printer, but I've been meaning to get one. Space is just a bit of an issue. I'm already working on a better version of this, as this was just a quick prototype!

I’m digging this build. Pretty good for an afternoon. And the Lego Handlink takes me back to my childhood when I honestly thought that was what it was made out of.

How’s the new build going?

I’m digging this build. Pretty good for an afternoon. And the Lego Handlink takes me back to my childhood when I honestly thought that was what it was made out of.

How’s the new build going?
Not too bad! Working on it sporadically, while working on other projects. Currently trying to figure out a good replacement of the puck light I used originally, in order to make this a little slimmer. The light "ring" around the middle was actually a clear disc that came out of a larger puck light, but I didn't like how it looked, so my idea to replace it is to use a clear scarf ring. I'll have to get all the materials together, but once I do, I'll post some progress shots!

Not too bad! Working on it sporadically, while working on other projects. Currently trying to figure out a good replacement of the puck light I used originally, in order to make this a little slimmer. The light "ring" around the middle was actually a clear disc that came out of a larger puck light, but I didn't like how it looked, so my idea to replace it is to use a clear scarf ring. I'll have to get all the materials together, but once I do, I'll post some progress shots!
Awesome. I’m looking forward to updates

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back