Now, if I can only remember to read my list on pose day. I continue to forget my colored nails. I bought some glam nails and am working on shaping them in advance and then using temporary nail adhesive tack dots for repeated uses. This way, I can put them in a travel kit ready for any iterations that don't have time for the full nail polish routine. Small wonder why they use a traveling makeup assistant when on tour.

Ha!! I totally found Adam wearing the black and white version of the "Winter Tweed" from peakyhat.com (looks so) in addition to his blue one. Now I can wear my preferred black as "authentic".

20240306_082537.jpg

I did two rounds of photos, again, after the list was created. I feel like I missed something but I really do love these rounds of pictures so I am calling this "Now" one final. Because this is the outfit for the upcoming, May, concert, here in Oregon, I do need to decide on pants and boots. This vest eliminates a need for matching belts but I will continue to work toward creating stl files for the 3 famous buckles. So, here again I find myself grinding through to pick favorites, as the final comps, and what will represent all this effort. It is not the part I enjoy, so they will trickle out as I get through the wall of my indecision. If ever there were palpable evidence of my adhd, it is this. When all the hyper activity comes down to a deep dive hyper focus for too many hours, then burnout kicks in and I take the necessary few days for it to dissolve away. Imagine, convincing yourself to climb under your car, in the mud, to find your keys that you just dropped, or stand in the pouring rain, without a coat, until your brain finally says "OK, it is now more worthwhile to get the keys, even if we need to get the car detailed afterward..... standing here thinking about it is no longer a better option." That is me when deciding which pictures out of 300 will represent a year's labor. Yes, the labor was the fun part. Stepping into this lightly, an artsy super close-up that represents key Adam items.

Screenshot_20240311-050156_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240311-050247_Gallery.jpg

I hear you; the concentration should be on the pants/boots combo. Now that the "upstairs" is done (IMHO) those will be key to complete the look.
(y)(y)(y)
I really think the matching marching-band pants would be the ultimate but he has so many to choose from in these many years, I could get away with the circus version with the single stripe down the sides or even just black. I have seen numerous boots as well but the cavalry boots just seem like the right choice. So then it is: Pointed, Blunted or Square?

I am really hoping to get good stage pictures when the tour starts in.... wow... ten days. Kind of perfect to have two months to get ready.

My apologies for returning to a previous pose but with the new additions this pose came out as the highest likeness rating. Likeness is for facial measurements only so eye spacing will inevitably be a hard stop (dark sunglasses are the exception). Other facial features can be and are changed with taping, gluing, and other bonding techniques but intentional muscle movements are my go to for large changes during posing. Nose plugs (a joberg trick) and behind the lip filler are often used. So here is my highest at 86%.

20240311_210542.jpg

20240311_210804.jpg

I really think the matching marching-band pants would be the ultimate but he has so many to choose from in these many years, I could get away with the circus version with the single stripe down the sides or even just black. I have seen numerous boots as well but the cavalry boots just seem like the right choice. So then it is: Pointed, Blunted or Square?

I am really hoping to get good stage pictures when the tour starts in.... wow... ten days. Kind of perfect to have two months to get ready.
I think the single stripe (I don't remember if it's a red or yellow one) would be the cat's meow;)...are those stirrup pants? Must be.
As for the boots, I think that pointed would be great....what's your level of comfort wearing those and what kind of feet do you have?
I always wear pointy Mexican cowboy boots, but my feet are looking like...pointy cowboy boots:lol:

My apologies for returning to a previous pose but with the new additions this pose came out as the highest likeness rating. Likeness is for facial measurements only so eye spacing will inevitably be a hard stop (dark sunglasses are the exception). Other facial features can be and are changed with taping, gluing, and other bonding techniques but intentional muscle movements are my go to for large changes during posing. Nose plugs (a joberg trick) and behind the lip filler are often used. So here is my highest at 86%.

View attachment 1799090
View attachment 1799089
NAILED IT!!:love::love::cool::cool::cool:(y)(y)(y) Don't change a thing!!

I think the single stripe (I don't remember if it's a red or yellow one) would be the cat's meow;)...are those stirrup pants? Must be.
As for the boots, I think that pointed would be great....what's your level of comfort wearing those and what kind of feet do you have?
I always wear pointy Mexican cowboy boots, but my feet are looking like...pointy cowboy boots:lol:
I have an odd foot so boots are tricky. I definitely see pointy in Adam's in the shot I found this morning but they look almost elastic. Like boots for dancers. I have the odd native American foot that although not extra wide are wide with very little rise in the top of the foot. I still have an arch but the hump on the boot, where the shoe meets the shaft.... I don't have that. My boots will sag in that spot. So maybe the elastic portions would not be a bad thing if it better shapes to my foot. So am I looking for a soft leather or elastic version of a pointy cavalry boot? Does this sound right?

Screenshot_20240311-160918_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oh, and yes on the yellow stripe... ;)

Oh, one small victory, I tried shadowing and contouring for the first time (nose). I usually use only a physical change, muscle flex, plugs, scar glue (shrinkage), plexiderm (shrinkage) but this time I added the makeup contouring and am impressed that the camera definitely does not reveal this as false. Usually, cameras will show things my eye cannot see but the contour on my nose looks normal, when it really isn't my nose shape. First the finished pic, then my nose with no shadow then the final pic with brown makeup highlighted, then Adam's:

20240312_172009.jpg

20240312_171802.jpg

20240312_171939.jpg

20240312_172318.png

I can see room for improvement on the technique but that is one more tool for the overall toolbox.

Ok, so I was waffling on postimg some of these because the poses would be repeats but with the new necklace and the facial changes I will post them as thumbnail and highlight the new ones in the next post.

20240311_210542.jpgadamantcosplay15.jpg20240311_214806.jpg20240311_215313.jpg20240311_214948.jpg20240311_220119.jpg20240311_223128.jpg20240311_220419.jpg20240311_220457.jpg20240311_220542.jpg20240311_220905.jpg20240311_221124.jpg20240311_221845.jpgadamantcosplay11.jpg

Not exactly matching any previous Adam pose but these things happen when I run out of ideas:

adamantcosplay9.jpg
adamantcosplay14.jpg
adamantcosplay12.jpg
20240311_214733.jpg
adamantcosplay13.jpg
20240311_215442.jpg
adamantcosplay16.jpg

This one (above): I am just so over the top stoked about how well the nose contour shadowing worked. My nose is just truthfully not that shape.

20240311_221305.jpg

Last edited:
And today my face is ballooning from the multiple rounds of effects makeup in such a short time frame. I will do a couple weeks of being kind to my skin and then it will be time to attempt some "Then" Adam. I do need short hair for that, so, it might be wig time as I still need the long hair for Will Turner, Bard the Bowman and the Ant tour in May. The mustache and goat are gone and my eyes look like I lost the street fight so it is time to veg and work on props again. I swear I cannot undertand how women's skin can handle this process every day. I guess I really do need to take as much time learning removal as I did for application.

Last edited:
And today my face is ballooning from the multiple rounds of effects makeup in such a short time frame. I will do a couple weeks of being kind to my skin and then it will be time to attempt some "Then" Adam. I do need short hair for that, so, it might be wig time as I still need the long hair for Will Turner, Bard the Bowman and the Ant tour in May. The mustache and goat are gone and my eyes look like I lost the street fight so it is time to veg and work on props again. I swear I cannot undertand how women's skin can handle this process every day. I guess I really do need to take as much time learning removal as I did for application.
There are make-up brands that are better for sensitive skin...saying that, I think that the pants showed in the pic are your typical Hussar's one with the decoration on each side of the upper hips. As for the boots, cavalry boots when worn and treated often might be soft enough to do and form an "elastic" look at the ankle. Then again, if Adam has the money and ask a boot maker for custom ones...that'll be the route for a super cool look. Money is key, of course:eek::eek:

Concert is in a short while, on the 3rd of May. Tickets in hand. I went shopping for elastic pants and purchased a pair called Rugby University in black. I purchased gold bias 7/8 inch wide and attached it with iron heat activated cloth tape adhesive. It comes in rolls. I also bought some gold cording for the scroll work. I tried liquid cloth tape but it takes far too long to dry so I fell back to crazy glue. Below are pictures of Adam's pants for comp to the shapes:

Attachments

• 20240420_003528.jpg
    20240420_003528.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240420_003540.jpg
    20240420_003540.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240420_003553.jpg
    20240420_003553.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240420_003616.jpg
    20240420_003616.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240420_003702.jpg
    20240420_003702.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I still need to add the stirrup straps to the bottoms but I am satisfied with the cordage and gold stripe. The cordage is too thick by about 20 percent but passable:

20240419_212253.jpg
20240419_233953.jpg
20240419_235732.jpg

Make note, the cordage rides up onto the two front belt loops. In Adam's pictures, you can see it is in front of the belt which means it is adhered to the loops themselves.

Boots, back to boots. Adam's stage boots are Russian dance boots, Ukrainian, Kozak, etc. and are supple but not baggy. Mid calf with a low toe, which is likely due to the suppleness of the leather. Rusclothing.com (spelled incorrectly in the advert below) has this exact boot but shipping was far too long to order. Here is a comp of these:

Screenshot_20240315-040258_Collage Maker.jpg

I searched for 2 weeks but even the dancewear companies in the US did not have them. On a tip from a local western clothing store salesperson, I went to a newly opened horse tack shop. I got a used men's equestrian boot pair in my size for 50 dollars. Blasphemy will be my path as I cut these down to mid calf:

20240419_235814.jpg

Both shoe repair stores in my town were crushed by the covid lockdowns and no longer exist, so I will be doing this ultra sketchy process myself. My plan is to cut the top down to within two inches of correct. Then, thin the upper three inches so it can fold over into itself without bulging. I just plan to use contact glue for starters but may sew it in the future when I have more time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back