With the hat complete (I still want better black feathers), I started poses. Black, white and blue shirt combinations with two pairs of glasses, with and without rings, and one set of just vest. About 50 pictures into it, my wife says, "Just getting set up? You don't have the makeup done yet." So, all counted, I am now filtering through 345 pictures......down to 232..... eyes are closssssing........ zzzzz

Last edited:
This pack of photos has become a daunting task to cut down so I am going to start out with this likeness comp. This is face only in the app. I am working on darkening the background so it isn't such a distraction when comparing the full pose to the original. My vest is slightly different in the gold braiding but this pose does a good job of showing the rings, watch and hat work.

Screenshot_20240227-110925_Beauty Scanner.jpg

and then a highly stylized version because I was fried mentally by this time:

20240227_093745.jpg

Some observations from your friendly Belgian super recognizer.
1. Eye make up should be heavier ( bottom eyelashes especially) and using eye shadow toward the exterior of your eyelid (eyelid + upper side).
2. Your side burns are a smidge too long. If you trace a straight line (on the pic) from the tip of Adam's mustache toward his sideburn, you'll see that his are shorter. Your mustache tip is exactly parallel to your sideburn tip (no go).
3. To make your chin less "pointy" and shorter (like Adam) you should emphasize the sides of your goatee.
4. To even make the space between the lower lip's goatee and the chin's one; you should emphasize the lower lip one by using black eye shadow.

Apart from those lill' details, it's going to be spot-on:cool::cool:(y)(y)

Some observations from your friendly Belgian super recognizer.
1. Eye make up should be heavier ( bottom eyelashes especially) and using eye shadow toward the exterior of your eyelid (eyelid + upper side).
2. Your side burns are a smidge too long. If you trace a straight line (on the pic) from the tip of Adam's mustache toward his sideburn, you'll see that his are shorter. Your mustache tip is exactly parallel to your sideburn tip (no go).
3. To make your chin less "pointy" and shorter (like Adam) you should emphasize the sides of your goatee.
4. To even make the space between the lower lip's goatee and the chin's one; you should emphasize the lower lip one by using black eye shadow.

Apart from those lill' details, it's going to be spot-on:cool::cool:(y)(y)
I had noted 2 and 3 as improvement points but had not rechecked the hair color and shape after applying this round. 1 and 4 will add to the list, thank you.

Here is my photo dump from this round after picking out favorites from nearly 400. I will follow this with some altered for color (album cover artsy versions) and then final likeness on this round.

20240228_095959.jpg
20240228_095945.jpg20240228_095920.jpg20240228_095902.jpg20240228_095841.jpg20240228_095826.jpg20240228_100053.jpg20240228_095736.jpg20240228_095704.jpg20240228_100114.jpg20240228_100130.jpg20240228_100339.jpg20240228_100358.jpg20240228_100421.jpg20240228_100444.jpg20240228_101121.jpg

Attachments

• 20240228_095959.jpg
    20240228_095959.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I also saw that he has a curve upwards in the space where the two halves of his mustache meet. Only when I do a side by side does it pop out as obvious.

Yep, as I/you said; it comes to small details: mustache, goatee, sideburns, make-up. I think that the B&W pic (the one with the dark heavy framed glasses) is one of the closest pic I've seen so far. You'll go to, at least, 95% likeness with those tweaks:cool::cool:(y)(y)

joberg I am working on using his mascara trick today. Already shaved higher on the burns and will be shaping the mustache at the center.

I think I can either let the mustache grow down to close the gap to the upper lip or attempt a mascara sketch in of about 1/16 downward. Also will be doing some prints and onscreen measurements for spacing and sizing on chin (hair and shadowing).

Also working on the Egyptian eye shadowing. My earlier attempts (wife applied) was looking fine in the mirror but was nearly gone in pictures. I looked again after you mentioned it and mine just looked like shadows from the room lighting. Possibly the makeup itself is brown and not true black. I will check.

Also, I am needing to overcome the eyebag coloring. It looks like some kind of allergy issue. Not puffy and not truly an issue of sunken. It is that area under the eye is transparent enough to allow light in and change the color. Normal light on my face just looks skin color but these photo lights present a dark blue hue under my eyes. Will be researching that today with a photographer friend.

All tips readily accepted here.

I have been running around looking for another vehicle. Our state is similar in size to many smaller nations so just a trip to the other end takes up the whole day. Hoping to get back to some changes but it looks like maybe a couple days. In the mean time I was looking at photos and zooming in for face detail. I noticed this, he has a Dodge City Marshal's badge. (fixed the questionable arrow ;) )
20240302_171552.jpg

Last edited:
joberg I am working on using his mascara trick today. Already shaved higher on the burns and will be shaping the mustache at the center.

I think I can either let the mustache grow down to close the gap to the upper lip or attempt a mascara sketch in of about 1/16 downward. Also will be doing some prints and onscreen measurements for spacing and sizing on chin (hair and shadowing).

Also working on the Egyptian eye shadowing. My earlier attempts (wife applied) was looking fine in the mirror but was nearly gone in pictures. I looked again after you mentioned it and mine just looked like shadows from the room lighting. Possibly the makeup itself is brown and not true black. I will check.

Also, I am needing to overcome the eyebag coloring. It looks like some kind of allergy issue. Not puffy and not truly an issue of sunken. It is that area under the eye is transparent enough to allow light in and change the color. Normal light on my face just looks skin color but these photo lights present a dark blue hue under my eyes. Will be researching that today with a photographer friend.

All tips readily accepted here.
To remove the "blue" or bags under the eyes and according to your skin tone, a peachy concealer could be the answer.
Every type of concealers on the market today as a yellow undertone as a default, btw...the concealer should match the color of your cheeks and should be a transition between a "sunken" surface and your cheeks. It could be possible that Adam wears make-up in real life also...;)

As for your arrow, pointing to the sheriff badge...the wife thought "What's with the penis?":lol::lol::lol:

To remove the "blue" or bags under the eyes and according to your skin tone, a peachy concealer could be the answer.
Every type of concealers on the market today as a yellow undertone as a default, btw...the concealer should match the color of your cheeks and should be a transition between a "sunken" surface and your cheeks. It could be possible that Adam wears make-up in real life also...;)

As for your arrow, pointing to the sheriff badge...the wife thought "What's with the penis?":lol::lol::lol:
oh wow, that is getting edited and thank you on the concealer tip. I bet he does use it.

It shows that miracles are happening every day in the postal service. This package from UK to Oregon, USA showed up in an envelope, one layer of bubble inside a second envelope. So this beautiful century old embossed brass plate made it around to the opposite side of the earth without a single crease. It is so thin you can form it with your fingers but not one dent, fold or scratch. And it is most certainly what Adam is wearing as his gorget:

20240304_164612.jpg

Today is a good day.

Worked on polishing and adding some contrast in the embossed areas.

20240305_222722.jpg

20240305_220903.jpg

Had to adjust for the hanging distance just below the heart necklace. This differs from time to time in Adam's different stage versions but this will suffice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back