A L I E N FIVE Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie

Ridley is in charge of this baby and nobody will touch it...not even JC (who's too busy with his baby: Avatar):behave SRS was o.k. with JC treatment in Aliens...but the other following that were...crap. So, instead of tarnishing the idea/genre that he started, he just took over (he didn't even do the new BR for Heaven's sakes): that means he's serious...and fully in charge as I said.

that means he's serious...and fully in charge as I said.

He's also getting up there in years, and while I don't like to speculate on the private health matters of celebrities, it seems pretty evident that he's becoming a bit distracted in the ol' noggin when you listen to him during interviews. So with the time it takes to make one of these, I wouldn't bet too much on him having the energy to do all the things he claims he's gonna do.

This is weird.

This is a track from ALIEN Covenant that copies Jerry Goldsmith's unused original main title theme from ALIEN as it's own main title. A theme that everyone, including Scott told Jerry to redo because it was too romantic for an outer space horror movie. Maybe a colony ship is more romantic than space truckers? It seems odd to use Jerry's prefered theme for ALIEN here when he was so distraught over it's exclusion from the original. Kind of reminds me of Star Trek VI's dedication to Gene Roddenberry in the film's opening even though the film was not liked by Gene at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is weird.

This is a track from ALIEN Covenant that copies Jerry Goldsmith's unused original main title theme from ALIEN as it's own main title. A theme that everyone, including Scott told Jerry to redo because it was too romantic for an outer space horror movie. Maybe a colony ship is more romantic than space truckers? It seems odd to use Jerry's prefered theme for ALIEN here when he was so distraught over it's exclusion from the original. Kind of reminds me of Star Trek VI's dedication to Gene Roddenberry in the film's opening even though the film was not liked by Gene at all.

The entire soundtrack has Goldsmiths cues woven into it. I was under the impression the theme has been sort of adopted as the Weyland theme, judging from how it was used in Promethius.

I agree with you JOATRASH FX ...I don't think SRS will be making movies forever; only death can make this franchise free of his clutches;) After he leaves, then others will take over (Bloomkamp will hit the ground running on that one)!

The guy just took back one of the most successful franchises in movie history without a whimper and is now the Alpha and Omega of all things Alien for the foreseeable future, yeah he`s really slippin.:lol

Do you really think Cameron would let someone else make a sequel to his movie if the opportunity came up? His reason for not doing Alien 3 being that they didnt ask me is totally p*** weak and must burn him now.

http://screenrant.com/alien-5-cancelled-neill-blomkamp/

Was it ever clarified how they were going to bring back Bishop?

I call shenanigans on that article. For all the talk about Blomkamp's A5 not doing anything new or special, we have pretty clear indications that Scott's prequels arent' doing anything new either, and actually diminishing the entire franchise by explaining too much about the origins of the Xenomorph. It could have worked with NB as director and Scott as Producer to "safeguard" the integrity of the franchise maybe, the way Cameron is doing for the next Terminator.

tumble.jpg

Was it ever even suggested that Bishop would return? I don't recall any actual plot being discussed or The Bish being in any concept art?

There`s nothing really at all in that article. Yes, he is still a very handsome man but only Tyrell Corp make "special" robots. CGI Bishop? No thanks.

8349384934.jpg

It's amazing what you can do with good make-up;) As for Luke Scott reprising the Alien franchise...he doesn't have to do so. Maybe he'll want to explore other genres, while for now
honing is skills as an Assistant Director.

I (unfortunately) watched Covenant last night. What an utter travesty of a movie it is. And it's evident that Scott tried (and failed miserably) to capitalize on some of the hype that Blomkamp generated. Damn him to hades for ruining what could've been.

There was nothing more to this movie than a very sharp pitch campaign directed squarely at the public to influence the studio, if there is a script I bet its on a napkin. To use it as a blunt instrument against Ridley Scott, well I call shenanigans on that.;)

There was nothing more to this movie than a very sharp pitch campaign directed squarely at the public to influence the studio, if there is a script I bet its on a napkin. To use it as a blunt instrument against Ridley Scott, well I call shenanigans on that.;)

No, it was obvious that Scott tried to "steal" some of what made AlienS (and by extension, Blomkamp's take that had gotten people excited again) great. He tried to mimic at least one scene from Cameron's film, the color schemes from Hadley's Hope, certain pieces of equipment that came from Aliens and not Alien.

If NB's idea only existed on a napkin, that piece of paper had 10X more good stuff on it than Covenant.

And while I DO agree with the notion that people (or "fans") often don't' really know what they want or will enjoy, it's rather idiotic to ignore what people actually liked about something when you're trying to capitalize on it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back