9 Movie anyone making replica dolls from this new tim burton film?

OK, old thread, but I just saw the movie the other day and loved it, so wondering if anyone has had any luck with these?

I tried starting on my own 9 using the measurements sebmodio posted (I went for 11" tall), but even with tight-weave burlap glued to backing cloth, as soon as I tried to turn the stitched figure inside out all the burlap pulled apart at the seams and it wrecked. I've seen some pics of completed ones in burlap online though (even though they're about 15") so it must be possible somehow.

All that said though, I think sebmodio's measurements are off. Watching the film, about 4 of the little guys fit underneath an army helmet, and they look about the size of a cat skull (see when 5 is held in the cat robot's mouth).

The production drawings online actually show schematics that have different heights listed for each character, the average being 21cm tall (about 7 inches). At that sort of scale, sewing burlap would be next to impossible i'd have thought. It also means though that the figures of 1 and 9 that NECA brought out are spot on size wise (they're 7 inch figures) rather than being too small (as previously thought).

Anyways, I'm tring again to make an 11" 9 doll, but am using a different material that LOOKS a lot like burlap, but is actually a cloth and so much easier to work with. Will see how it goes...

Loved the movie, plan on making the robot cat skeleton. So far as size goes I think the neca figures are probably screen accurate as far as size goes. The sold themselves are put together with every day household items such as cloth and zippers, the twins in the film with the white and blue stripes wee made with the fabric of a gardening glove.

I tried that, it still didn't work though.

This is the best replica I've seen, but no real idea of scale:

5644744303_a1a4e8a230_z.jpg

Hi howl runner, I believe it is a domestic cat, and the scale is pretty easy to figure put just by comparing it to items in the movie.

I made an articulated "9" doll constructed like a china doll, textured & proportioned like the character. He's not durable enough to be a kid's toy, but a cool display.
12"
Clay pieces with watercolor, sealant, enamel, "super-strong" beading thread.

10473398_10152433113566973_1867525843242412926_n.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back