50th anniversary doctor who discussion (SPOILERS)

I... couldn't help myself.

duuuude_zpsd3f4bd88.jpeg

Just watched "The Five(ish) Doctor's Reboot" last night... brilliant!! It was a great way have having all of the other past Doctors participate in the 50th as well as a host of others like RTD and John Barrowman...

... So does this technically mean that Peter Davison, Sylvester Mccoy and Colin Baker were all also in "The Day of the Doctor"? Or do you guys think that their "scene" was shot separately just for the mini-sode?

One the one hand I doubt they were really under those sheets, but I kind of hope they never tell us a definite 'no' and lets us all imagine hat maybe, just maybe, there were seven Doctors in the episode (Smith, Tennant, Hurt, Baker, Baker, McCoy and Davison)

Like. The Rassilon, The Omega, The Castellan, The Andred, and my personal favorite. The Romana........

Actualy, The Doctor, The Master and The Rani are the only 'The's' in Timelord society that I can remember.

I didn't say always, but usually, some others are ...er... The Other, The Valeyard, The Inquisitor, The Handstrong, The (Meddling) Monk, The Magician, The Partisan, The Second, The War Chief, The Corsair, The Visionary, The Woman, The Technician, The Commander, The Kingmaker, The (Interfering) Nun, etc. Can't remember any more, but there are a few. And The Castellan was his name, so I'll have that one too :D Don't make me use The DoctorDonna.

Any idea how Rassilon went from the first timelord and dead for thousands of years in The Five Doctors, to leading the fight against the Daleks in the time war? :)

Ressurrected from the Matrix. His consciousness was removed and reconstituted into a new biological form (I.E. body). Possibly by the sisterhood of Carn. Possibly another Timelord sacrificed his existence and the rest of regenerations to allow Rassilon's mind to come to rest in his body.

There's been a lot of talk about how abrupt the cut away from Hurt's regeneration was, since we only ever saw the eyes change. So I took it upon myself to show how far I personally wish the regeneration got before they cut away:

Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 4.27.34 PM.png

...not my best work, and I didn't spend too much time looking for the optimal source image, but I still think it would have been nice just to see this little bit more of Eccleston bleed through (I added his ear, nose and brow line) to really make us fans freak out. Hell, just play Eccleston's regeneration into Tennant in reverse and you'd have the perfect source video to use.

I really need more hobbies when making that image constitutes "fun" for me. :lol

-Nick

Well, I went back and watched "The End of Time" tonight, and I can safely say that there are ZERO conflicts between it and "The Day of the Doctor". In fact, they actually compliment each other nicely.

There's a conversation at the beginning of "The End of Time Part 2", where the High Council of Gallifrey is discussing the situation, and they specifically say that the Doctor possesses The Moment, and could use it at any time (yup... mentioned three years before it would finally appear on screen). The crazy cat lady (the oracle, apparently), going on and on about "Burning, burning, burning". The events in "The End of Time" are clearly their efforts to avoid the fate that they believe is coming. In retrospect, in "The Day of the Doctor", the War Council makes mention of a plan that the High Council apparently has in place, one that the War Council feels (correctly) will fail. So it's the opposite of some people's mis-remembering of "The End of Time"... "The Day of the Doctor" doesn't contradict it at all. In fact, it's "The End of Time" that would have (had the Time Lords succeeded) contradicted "The Day of the Doctor".

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back