50's Greaser Batman Concept

COWL IS IN AND LOOKS AWESOME here is a initial picture

7756612962_ed062d36fe_n.jpg

Last edited:
7756612804_5feda587a7.jpg

7756613146_0219e1f8c7.jpg

I will need to trim under the chin cause the strap is a lil bit big, but I figure cut, black silicone the two pieces and it will be good to go. Goggles are in the process of being painted up the same color as the buckle

Maybe you can get the flaps of the other, non-Wilson jacket ironed back so that you can see the bat emblem more.
Yeah, I dont plan on zipping the jacket, so Ill set the flaps in a mist of water and let them set in the sun so they can be more exposed, now I just need some sun lol. Im hating all this cloudy weather. Bat emblem is the next thing to be hammered out after the fins.

Yeah, I dont plan on zipping the jacket, so Ill set the flaps in a mist of water and let them set in the sun so they can be more exposed, now I just need some sun lol. Im hating all this cloudy weather. Bat emblem is the next thing to be hammered out after the fins.

The costume is still coming together really well though.

Need you help which jacket do you guys LIKE??

note the shiny leather on the wilsons is due to a fresh application of mink oil it will dull out
7701855430_27dc467af5.jpg

wilsons is on the bottom

7701854616_277105eb32.jpg

wilsons on the left

7701854532_642b896237.jpg

wilsons again on the left

my own findings the

coat 1
size marked 36, smaller and way thicker leather, riding comp weight I would guess. because so it gives a nice square shoulder look especially in the arms region. body area is stiff and more slender
abit boxy though because of the stiffness
coat 2
size adult S
body is longer, leather is thinner therefore it feels bigger and does not make my body look slim, flows over the pouches. whats nice is the arm length and the slender fit because of the thinner leather. Though I loose the broad buff look.

shoot me your opinion as I will only chop up one jacket

What company makes the non-Wilsons jacket?

What company makes the non-Wilsons jacket?

Its called Leather Men They are based in San Francisco

also went ahead damped the sub collar and pulled it open way more, so now its in the sun taking in some new edges in :)
got the fins cut and dyed today, now I need to wait and then put a top coat on them to seal in the leather, which style do you guys like better?
left style or right style? round or more angled?

7777587802_cf72c21c40_m.jpg

Last edited:
so mock up of what it technically should look like

7783646750_84c4d6cd20_m.jpg

I decided not to unstitch the leather, instead im going to put slits right near the top stitch and angle them through, after Ill just do a quick stitch to fasten it to the leather. hopefully it will turn out right. otherwise Im screwed lol

so quick update did a patch job on the cowl and also trimmed it up more, the under jaw strap was abit to big since my head is small :3 so two silicone patch jobs later and its definitely tighter. pics of finished fins soon. also I was toying the idea of trying black spray plasti dip for the bat emblem your thoughts on it?

Another vote for the left.

(Not a political statement)

I have to agree with this, I have a Vintage Schott, which is similar is not the same as the left one, and the raised up/smaller collar is what makes the difference in making it look tight and greaser, or sloppy and too clunky.

Update: shirt is now done yay!!!!
whats left to do, is goggles need to be tinted and fins needed to be finished up. Picked up some slim distressed jeans in dove color. Ill have the option of choosing either dark blue denim or the dove for the outfit.
7805095270_5496085623.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back