3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaboration)

Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

I pledged for the Micro 3D kickstarter. I'll get it in Dec. I think it only has a 4x4x4" build area, but for $300 I think it's well worth it, plus iirc it can print down to 35 micron resolution!

The Micro - The First Truly Consumer 3D Printer - YouTube

I funded the Micro as well, but I won't get it until Feb 2015. I couldn't pass up $300 for a first 3D printer.

Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

Yeah, it's pretty amazing they reached their $50,000 goal in 11 minutes and hit $1 mill in less than 24hrs. I think it's the highest backing rate in kickstarter history. They raised almost $3.5 million! I read you will be able to still pre-order them for $349 direct from their site soon if anyone is interested.

I just dont like the 6-month preorder windows -

Look at the rate of technology progression in this field in the LAST 6 months - By the time you get your preorder printer, it will already be outdated for something better / cheaper / whatever. Not unlike all technologies, but in this case a "little better" actually means a lot for the end product. Shave a few microns off of a build layer and your final output is worlds different!

I'm fairly happy with my S3
yea i have heard good things about the solidoodle printers thats why i bought my sd2 but still after four months and constantly contacting support and the soliforum my printer still doesnt work correctly

I got to a point where I was "happy" with my prints that were just "OK". Then I switched to a new filament, and my prints were night and day different, for the better.

I got to a point where I was "happy" with my prints that were just "OK". Then I switched to a new filament, and my prints were night and day different, for the better.
yea im still unable to succesfully print anything

Thanks for the tip guys. I have done quite a bit of research lately and I am pretty sure I'm going to get one here in the next few months. The micro looks like a great starter kit but I think the 4x4 build area will be too small for what I'm wanting to do.

Looks like I'll be getting to play with a MakerBot replicator 2 here soon. Learn how to use it, and be able to teach others how to use it... this means I get to play with it, and that means printing some test projects- might as well make them fun, so I started looking here for tips & tricks. I look forward to catching up with what the RPF crowd is doing with 3D printers!

I just lost my access to a ZCorp 450 (owned by a friend of mine, was in my living room). I'm so bummed. I had so many plans! So many things to make! :(
Thank you for making this thread. Maybe I can use it to hit someone up for use of their printer in the future.

What filament brand did you switch to?

Right now I'm using Zen Toolworks clear. Before I was using something cheap off of eBay

I use the Stratsys BST1200es. It's okay. It doesn't get as high a resolution as I would like and it has proprietary tech that makes each roll of filament $230 dollars. That being said it is solid and can handle day and night every day and night printing. I was thinking about doing a post like this but for CNC machines as I just purchased one and would love to talk with others about their prop making with it.

I use the Stratsys BST1200es. It's okay. It doesn't get as high a resolution as I would like and it has proprietary tech that makes each roll of filament $230 dollars. That being said it is solid and can handle day and night every day and night printing. I was thinking about doing a post like this but for CNC machines as I just purchased one and would love to talk with others about their prop making with it.

I use the same machine, I have a love hate relationship with it. It is reliable as anything but doesnt do soluble support and I cant control where support goes so some jobs are pointless. The high cost of materials is another issue, though some people have been able to hack that, it isnt easy.
I also use a makerbot replicator 2x and am very disappointed with it. Not reliable but has a higher resolution. I shouldnt be comparing the two machines but its hard to have both and not compare them.

I'm wanting to do the Solidoodle 3D Printer, 4th Generation..I'm 99.99% there.. any other users of this any info would be great also what 3d program is usable if I wanted the say the plate is 8X8 so I wanted to print something larger and need to split it in parts to fit ?

I'm wanting to do the Solidoodle 3D Printer, 4th Generation..I'm 99.99% there.. any other users of this any info would be great also what 3d program is usable if I wanted the say the plate is 8X8 so I wanted to print something larger and need to split it in parts to fit ?
netfabb has a free program where you can split a 3d model into separate sections and print it

Anybody have the makerbot digitizer :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back