Done / Completed 3D Printed Hellboy Samaritan Stand Kit

As the stands are getting close to shipping, thought I'd put a few pics up for those doing their own wiring. I've been told (by a student) that this is a simple parallel circuit, I've tried to take some pics and those with more electrical knowledge that me should have no problems.

To start, take the 2 pieces of included wire and hold them up to the holes where the LEDs fit in, mark the wire and strip a small bit away at each of those parts:

Now put the LEDs in through the holes. The longer piece is positive, solder the red wire to the longer end, and the black wire to the shorter end:

Put a bit of electrical tape between the wires so they don't touch and short out. If you have any issues later, this is probably where they arise from:

Continue that for each of the 4 LEDs. Then solder the resister to the end of the red lead, then cut a small piece of excess red ire and join the resister to the switch. Solder the black directly to the black end of the 9 volt adapter, then the red wire from the 9 volt harness to the switch.

When it's all done, tape down the wires and install the switch.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I've got the 1st 4 kits (complete with soldering done) all ready. These will ship as early as Monday if payments are made by then. The people who ordered these complete kits are:

mojo1971
AgxM
jw3023

As far as the other kits go, they should all be printed by next week, and then I'm just waiting on the Ultrabright LEDs that are on their way from China. As soon as those are in, kits (with included electronics) will be going out to:

syborwolf
Alric
Tommychamp
v137a
tk2647

Please subscribe to this thread for the latest updates.

Just a reminder:

Base kit plus all the electronics - $85.00 USD
Base kit plus electronics all soldered and working - $100.00 USD * note, I'll have to glue the 2 halves together to do the soldering*

** you need to provide your own 9 volt battery **

Shipping costs are: $15.00 to US or Canada and $30.00 pretty much everywhere else. Shipping is UPS in the US and Canada Post Air to everywhere else.

My paypal address is rgriesbeck@sd35.bc.ca

Last edited:
Sending a stand kit out today to AGxM and mojo1971. I'm also including the ring and leather kit for the samaritan for free, to anyones who's bought both my kits.

So, I learnt something today. This kit weighs just enough more than the Samaritan kit that it costs almost twice as much to ship?!?! Especially internationally. So, I can keep the US/Canada shipping price the same, I'll absorb the difference, but the International shipping is over $40.00 for Air. I'll eat 1/2 the extra $20, but I need to bump shipping on this kit to $30.00 for International, sorry.

Full kit going out to jw3023 tomorrow. Still waiting on LEDs fit self assemble kits, I'm hoping end of this week...

LEDs are in! Solder yourself kits going out tomorrow to: syborwolf, Alric, ahoudini and v137a.

I've included an extra LED incase you fry one, have also included some solder too.

Working on the next kits should have them ready next week

Kit arrived with the bonus leather braid - thanks Rob

Korea and Japan next week, and then the HK Sevens so wont be able to put this together for a while :( But fantastic work!

Sending out kits tomorrow to:

Syborwolf, Alric Tommychamp, ahoudini and v137a.

I know I said this already, but I ran out of boxes until today :facepalm

Just a note to those do it yourself guys. These new LEDs leads are not as long as the first ones I was using. Depending on your soldering skills, I'd maybe solder on a short extender wire to aid in the soldering. Also, make sure the 2 don't touch and short out, either some tape, or hot glue.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad people are getting the kits and are happy :). I'm shipping everything out of Canada now, and it actually seems faster than me driving the US kits down to the US, seemed about 4 days!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back