3D Printable File of Thorin Oakenshield's Key to Erebor from the Hobbit

Pretty cool. I imagine they left the Glyphs off to reduce competition with their licensed replica. It would be really cool to have Shapeways print it in Stainless Steel. Thank you for sharing it, I was so irritated when I couldn't find it!!

Same here, printed just fine on my Afinia (a relative of your Up Plus 2 :)) with significant support. Thanks for posting the file!

Still need to apply a black wash to darken the color (stainless steel paint).

I found it interesting that the default size (in the center) is quite a bit smaller than the metal WETA replica. Perhaps it's meant to be human scale, while the replica is sized for Dwarves and Hobbits? I scaled up the file to print another the same size as the WETA one.

Thanks to rgriesbeck for the files! Printed at .1 mm and scaled to the replica size

Still need to clean up some artifacts from printing and smooth it out. Think I might mold both pieces so I can cold cast a proper key for myself

20140116_092054_zps2soounsf.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back