3D Printable File of Thorin Oakenshield's Key to Erebor from the Hobbit

I saw it on the RPFs facebook page. Chris Wolfe So i got a reply from Microsoft Advertising about the key... I'm not sure it helps. Quoted from Chris Wolfe.

"Microsoft Advertising

Hi there,
The Hobbit ad with the file for the key can be found in The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug Windows 8 Apps. Hope that helps!"

Does anyone have Windows 8?
December 19, 2013 at 6:41pm · Like

Chris Wolfe Confirmed, its UK only...

"Microsoft Advertising
Hi Chris. Are you in the UK? Unfortunately this is a UK only campaign so you'll only be able to access it if you are in the UK."
D

Chris also had this image in the thread the key on the right is what you would have been able to download. The key on the left is available on Thingverse. 1512445_10152142736264669_1516105508_n.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm Chris Wolfe from the above post.

When i get a chance ill post the .STL up on https://www.facebook.com/CombustibleProps?ref=hl
I was meaning to sooner but yeah... no time :)

My initial thoughts are that it prints well on an UP Plus 2 however it produces an equal amount of raft and scafolding material lol. I haven't bothered to print more than one.

Looked through your FB page, nice work. Didn't see the STL anywhere...

Awesome, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed that it's super low poly. No dwarfish (or elvish) writing on the key :cry . If I get some time, might do some work to make it a bit more of a true replica

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back