25 years since SW Special Edition

For Star Wars, I called out “sick” from work. When I was 9, my dad took me to see ROTJ when it first came out in ‘83 & a re-release of Star Wars before Jedi. I never SAW ESB until I bought the trilogy on VHS with lawn mowing money, years later, but our library had the paperback comic book of it that I fell in love with. Al Williams is still one of my favorite comic artists because of that book.
Anyway, it was still magical seeing it (& all of them) on the big screen in a packed auditorium. I far prefer watching the Despecialized versions now… but I would still go see these in the theater today, just to see them on the big screen again. I’m tempted to rent a theater.
Wicked cool story, I love stuff like this. Do you still have the comic?

I do. But, as I’ve recently moved, it’s packed away in…. one of the 1,000’s of boxes. & now here I am wanting it now :lol:
Mine is far more tattered, but here’s what it looks like - doing a Google search. & now that I think about it… I think I had buy it from the library, cause of “late fees”.
64C44480-DB3C-432D-9FEE-8CBA54709228.jpeg

God, I love this book! I‘m gonna go dig through my boxes now

When I went to see the Special Edition for Jedi I ran into my cousin and he told me that he and I went with our other cousin and my sister to see Jedi back in '83 but since I would have been 2 years old at the time I obviously had no recollection of that. So technically I did see at least one of the OT films in it's initial release, but the SE was the first time I'd seen the trilogy with any lasting memory of it. If given the opportunity I would happily watch any of them in the theater again, even with the changes, because there's something truly magic about seeing them in that format.

I do. But, as I’ve recently moved, it’s packed away in…. one of the 1,000’s of boxes. & now here I am wanting it now :lol:
Mine is far more tattered, but here’s what it looks like - doing a Google search. & now that I think about it… I think I had buy it from the library, cause of “late fees”.
View attachment 1540957
God, I love this book! I‘m gonna go dig through my boxes now
That’s really cool man..

End of 2020 when theaters brought back old movies to try and make some money, my brother, a friend and myself went and watched Empire. Sadly there was maybe 10 of us in there.

End of 2020 when theaters brought back old movies to try and make some money, my brother, a friend and myself went and watched Empire. Sadly there was maybe 10 of us in there.
So freakn lucky, I remember going to try and get the luke figure my theater didn’t participate in the figure give away..

A local comic shop had one for 75 bucks.. back then it was super expensive.. my buddy ended up getting it

For years when I would go to his house I would look at it on top of his entertainment center..

For my 35th birthday he gave it to me

I'd forgotten all about that exclusive figure! I'd heard about it but the theaters and retailers around my area rarely got exclusives or promotional material. That's so cool that he eventually gave it to you Halliwax

8E3BF99F-B990-4C0F-95AA-93677DAA4D0E.jpeg

Got it on the floor of the shelf, the black buttons and the rings

This is 2 weeks, I overhaul my living room every 2 weekends

My old work shop I built a clean room for assembling race engines, filters and fans with a flow bench.. I miss it lol

My old work shop I built a clean room for assembling race engines, filters and fans with a flow bench.. I miss it lol

Oooohhh, nice. I've always wanted a shop with a legit clean room for stuff like that.

What kind of engines were you doing?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back