237 Unpublished Star Wars and Indiana Jones Movie Prop Photos

Yess, thank you!

Also, I have two unrelated questions. Which promotional Vader junk prop is this?View attachment 281091

and, Seeing as we have the cut-off base of a stunt blade on the "ROTJ" Vader saber, and a clear picture of the emitter of the Shared Stunt (V2 sibling) and the Barbican why don't we know more about stunt blades from ESB/Jedi ? (Temp. Brain fart)

It's one of the saber props made by Stuart Freeborn for ROTJ.
One came up for auction awhile back...
Profiles in History ?Hollywood Auction 40? Video Preview: Darth Vader Lightsaber Prop from ?Return of the Jedi? : The Original Prop Blog ? Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource
It was questioned at the time because of it's resemblance to the Energizer bunny commercial lightsaber prop. It has a similar Maglite type knurled endcap and the detail under the shroud is the same piece. Not sure what happened to that Profiles one as the auction was pulled.

The Barbican Vader saber is similar (same detail under the shroud) but metal and looks more like a Hero.

Funny. I have zero interest in any of the hero Vader sabers... but I love these crappy looking ones that have questionable use. Now I want a version of this one, Barbican, and Energizer Bunny (unless any of those are the same... I really need to look more into this).

I forgot all about the Energizer Bunny saber... ha. Now I must have a version.

It's one of the saber props made by Stuart Freeborn for ROTJ.
One came up for auction awhile back...
Profiles in History ?Hollywood Auction 40? Video Preview: Darth Vader Lightsaber Prop from ?Return of the Jedi? : The Original Prop Blog ? Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource
It was questioned at the time because of it's resemblance to the Energizer bunny commercial lightsaber prop. It has a similar Maglite type knurled endcap and the detail under the shroud is the same piece. Not sure what happened to that Profiles one as the auction was pulled.

The Barbican Vader saber is similar (same detail under the shroud) but metal and looks more like a Hero.

Thanks for posting these. Interesting comments too; can those better informed than me please confirm that the plate that holds the D ring on the Luke ESB saber is the shoe from a kobold flash and which particular model? Also in respect of the 'Vader ROTJ' (or whatever it is) can someone inform me of the other flash unit that was used to create the shroud over the graflex? I'm sure I saw a picture of it in another thread but can't find it now. Great thread.

Here's a picture of two Kobold flashguns :

The one with the name Kobold written is the correct version you seek
the other version has the 'shoe' but the wrong position of the screws :

Photography Chaim Murzan ©

Sofar the black cowl as the shroud for the Vader Graflex ROTJ has never been identified.

Chaim

Parks does actually have kobold clips with D rings already in them. The RPF isn't very big on that dealer (for good reasons) but they don't look too shabby. JQsabers has them too.

Here's a picture of two Kobold flashguns :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Kobolds-01_zps142c96e4.jpg

The one with the name Kobold written is the correct version you seek
the other version has the 'shoe' but the wrong position of the screws :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Kobolds-02_zps3f171a08.jpg
Photography Chaim Murzan ©

Sofar the black cowl as the shroud for the Vader Graflex ROTJ has never been identified.

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/dv_ls_rotj_01.jpg

Chaim

Chaim, thanks for that. I had thought I had seen that cowl identified but can easily accept that I had not. I think my first post in the thread is fairly indicative of my knowledge in this area. Got a Kobold just like that one on the left.

Andy

These pictures of the Indy props are just amazing. I'm surprised the idol is hollow, but I imagine that makes sense if it was the one Harrison Ford threw across the pit :)

Richard
IHateSnakes.con

I was under the impression that the Luke ANH helmet evolved into the ESB version, that it is the same helmet. I thought that was stated here or in rebelscum....

So, here is what I find really interesting about this vader saber.
237-unpublished-star-wars-indiana-jones-movie-prop-photos-lfa_sharedstunt_vaderstunt1.jpg-281091d1391300680

Look at that t-track. It does not have the same profile as the t-track used on the Luke ESB Ranch saber of DV ROTJ saber that we are used to seeing. It is very squared off and flat on the top. Like the one that profile was selling that was made by Stuart Freeborn.

Now, the reason I bring this up is

These props

0347_1_lg.jpg

6a0105349ca980970c0105365755d8970b-800wi

were deemed to be fakes, or at least props that had been reconditioned by Jason Joiner when they were auctioned off by the Kurtz Joiner archive.

http://www.therpf.com/f79/luke-anh-graflex-grips-hollywood-auction-house-pictures-162420/

The reason that people questioned their legitimacy was because none of the props at Lucasfilm that we knew of had t-track that did not have to profile shown on the ranch Luke ESB saber or the DV ROTJ lightsaber.

But, here is a Lucasfilm prop that has this type of flat top square side profile. So what does this mean about the Kurtz/Joiner sabers.

So, here is what I find really interesting about this vader saber.
http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f...sharedstunt_vaderstunt1.jpg-281091d1391300680

Look at that t-track. It does not have the same profile as the t-track used on the Luke ESB Ranch saber of DV ROTJ saber that we are used to seeing. It is very squared off and flat on the top. Like the one that profile was selling that was made by Stuart Freeborn.

Now, the reason I bring this up is

These props

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/MalakiSkywalker/0347_1_lg.jpg
http://www.estergoldberg.com/.a/6a0105349ca980970c0105365755d8970b-800wi

were deemed to be fakes, or at least props that had been reconditioned by Jason Joiner when they were auctioned off by the Kurtz Joiner archive.

http://www.therpf.com/f79/luke-anh-graflex-grips-hollywood-auction-house-pictures-162420/

The reason that people questioned their legitimacy was because none of the props at Lucasfilm that we knew of had t-track that did not have to profile shown on the ranch Luke ESB saber or the DV ROTJ lightsaber.

But, here is a Lucasfilm prop that has this type of flat top square side profile. So what does this mean about the Kurtz/Joiner sabers.

Necroposting you, Dan, to say that this Vader prop I'm pretty sure is either a painted resin cast of the energizer bunny saber or THE one metal prop ever made. The circuit board may have fallen off, revealing the weird checkered texture beneath it...maybe scrim tape.

The T track on the Graflex Slave Vader saber is red (like the GK Graflex above) underneath as well. The D ring on that saber is similar to this one (Energizer). And the Energizer shares a part with the ROTJ Vader saber AND the Barbican. This tells me they're all related somehow.

As a long time Star Wars fan these pictures are fascinating!

I'm a complete noobie to the prop side of things though so excuse me if this is a silly question - the E11 blaster in the series of photos just past half way down show it with metal channel rivetted to the barrel rather than the usual T-section drawer runners poked through the holes. As I said I'm a noobie to this but I've never seen that before. Is this a different type of blaster or just one of the many variations in the props?

As a long time Star Wars fan these pictures are fascinating!

I'm a complete noobie to the prop side of things though so excuse me if this is a silly question - the E11 blaster in the series of photos just past half way down show it with metal channel rivetted to the barrel rather than the usual T-section drawer runners poked through the holes. As I said I'm a noobie to this but I've never seen that before. Is this a different type of blaster or just one of the many variations in the props?

That is the ROTJ Stormtrooper blaster made out of a MGC Sterling

ROTJ E-11 04.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back